or Connect

Posts by mr O

Yes, you're right. Here's a user's guide video of the Shuffle, skip to 3:35 It was a poor user interface at the time because - as you said - it was a one way conversation between the device and the user. Siri however could put a whole new spin on this concept ...
   Apple already released a voice controlled Shuffle at $79 (source: PCMag). It was ahead of its time, three years before Siri. The Third Generation Shuffle: source wikipedia
1. Have a look on Apple's website: http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/ Scroll down and you'll notice they mention Music before Games. The layout reveals Apple's interest in emphasizing the iPod Touch as a gateway to the recently launched (free) Apple music service. Having said that, I agree with you that Apple Music isn't that impressive.  2.  Adding Siri to the iPod Shuffle would significantly improve the user experience. Apple could easily increase the price to $79 for a...
Forget games. The iPod Touch renaissance is driven by Apple Music. It is no coincidence Apple is giving the iPod Touch a significant update during the three month free trial of Apple Music. It is why they have refreshed the iPod now, and not in September.   I agree with the author of this article: The iPod nano is dead on arrival. An extra $50 gets you an iPod Touch which is lightweight and durable.   However, I do believe Siri can rejuvenate the iPod Shuffle. It'd...
It is amazing how Apple turned the tables overnight, isn't it? They just made the iPod a compelling product again.   I do love the champhered edges and the all aluminium back of the iPod. From own experience I can tell you that the protruding lens does protect the lens sufficiently. So, the lack of a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal lens is not an issue. Settle for the 32GB or 64GB option if you are looking for a great resell value on eBay.
 A $25 feature phone (for those rare calls I get) and iPod touch with no celular data plan does save me a lot of $$$*. Before year's end I've earned my iPod back. And with WIFI getting ubiquitious, it really is a no brainer. One more thing: Strangely enough, mere mortals think I am using the latest never-been-seen iPhone. They've somehow forgotten of the iPod's existence.  (*) I manage to do 4 months with a $20 pay-as-you-go-card. That is roughly $5/month: I use SMS and do...
This is excellent news: A 4 inch screen with a friggin' A8, M8 Processor and 8 MegaPixel camera with burst mode?   The iPod is dead. Long live the iPod!
Apple is updating the Apple Store right now.   #JustSaying
It is a shame as the iPod is an iconic brand. I don't know the Apple II story, but there clearly is a future for the iPod. Especially since  music allows for offline listening.A redesigned  iPod nano would actually make toast of the Fitbit. If only Apple would give their iPod a little love ...
Ditching the iPad mini could pave the way for a miraculous return of the iPod?