or Connect

Posts by mr O

The Macbook has the comfort of a full size tangible keyboard and OSX, which an iPad hasn't. The 12 inch Macbook is more catered to the regular computer user, which covers most of the people (facebook, mail, word, exel, powerpoint and internet). Anandtech wrote a great article about the concept behind the Macbook. 
 Anandtech wrote a compelling article about the new Macbook.  The Macbook is a complete new product category that is a perfect fit for 85% of regular computer users (facebook, internet, pages, numbers and keynote). It is actually a clamshell iPad - hence the colours and one port philosophy - with a keyboard and OSX.  Expect the Macbook to be the industry standard in two years time. 
12 inch is the new 13 inch because of the Retina Display. Same for the 15 inch, it is the new 17 inch.
 Yes, that was strange indeed. They didn't show the Gold video. Which is a shame as it is very beautiful.
 Actually, doesn't it even out? You need to buy an iPad mini AND iPhone, instead of just a 6+. The profits will be fairly similar, if not better: iPhone 6 + iPad mini versus iPhone 6+ only.
Yes, it is in line with the "Subtracting" metaphor that the article highlights: The iPhone 6+ is merging the iPhone with the iPad mini. Hence its success.The  watch will be a success as well once people realise it makes their phone less prominent. The watch will free you from having to take your phone out of the pocket.With the 6+ cannibalizing the iPad mini, the 12 inch iPad (with optional stylus) is indeed the only way to make the iPad relevant again. I can see the 12...
Such is the Curious Case of Apple ... I disagree with the author of the article as the  watch is actually also subtracting something, the iPhone. This is why Apple is having such a hard time communicating the watch as it will make the iPhone less prominent. It's like admitting that the iPhone can be some kind of annoyance.I still believe Apple should make the iPhone smaller - something inbetween 3.5 and 4 inch - if they want to make the iPad popular again. "Continuity"...
It is what Apple has been known for: "Do only a few things & Do them very well". Focus goes a long way.
A 12 inch iPad with optional stylus is certainly going to appeal to creatives.   It will offer them more value than the stunning new Macbook (which is more aimed towards programmers and business folks).   Another thing they need is apps that take advantage of the bigger screen estate. Adobe is already doing amazing things for the iPad. I hope Apple takes notice ...
What happens if Apple releases  watch 2?:   Will we all need to buy the complete watch? Or can we just get the body (because we already have the band from the previous watch)?   I think Apple is making this overly complicated. They should just offer the body as is, and sell the bands separately. It will definitely simplify their supply chain.