or Connect

Posts by mr O

Is it true that Bootcamp only accepts Vista Ultimate and Windows XP? Which is a bummer because I'd like to install the cheaper Vista home premium instead
Three engineering students were gathered together discussing the possible designers of the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints." Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections. " The last one said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Well, you need both: The Internet to get the news as it happens. The newspaper to get the in depth news. The newspaper is also a very usefull tool to attract charming girls on the road leaning over your shoulder to read your newspaper
You shouldn't put them in profile … On a different note: Isn't Leopard a great product on its own? I am very keen to find out about Adressbook, iCal, iPhoto (labelling, stacking and freely arranging pictures), Safari (labelling and organising your bookmarks), .mac and Mail (no more "Re:'s"?)! Alotof questions about the little things that do shape our daily smiles! My hardware guess: new LED powered 20" / 24" / 30" cinema displays
Applecare is great to portables. A must have. I can't believe how the apple portable has changed since 2005. Especially with the new LED screen. I am suddenly feeling very unhealthy now with my toxic 12" screen Thank you mr H! The Penryn Mac does look very promising! Isn't Santa Rosa dramatically reducing the booting time as it was supposed to?! What happened to the Flash memory story?
Well, the PowerTroopers are definately getting more extinct. I'm still using my 12" PowerBook which I purchased in Summer 2005. I'm still looking sexy with my tiny heavyweight January 2008 (Macworld) is gonna be an ideal moment to jump ship as Leopard is gonna be pre-installed in the sleek new 15" hardware enclosure. I do hope the RAM prices are gonna be more sensible by then; 750$ to double your RAM is just plain silly. It's the price of a beefy Mini. Does someone know...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9j_tYP-kzc Okay itsa silly table from Microsoft, but imagine if Apple's imminent MBP would get rid of the keyboard in favour of a multi touch screen: 1/ You would be able to use your virtual keyboard when you need it, offering a new world of opportunities to manipulate your second (vertical) screen. 2/ Imagine if you're on the road and you want to transfer your new pictures from the iphone to iPhoto. No need to carry your extra...
I am otherwise having a great time getting in contact with all of my friends though: "Facebook" is a great self updating address book. "Flickr" is a great online tool for sharing your pictures. "YouTube" is great for sharing your videos. And "MySpace" is great for discovering new artists. The interface experience might be awkward, but at least I am having a great iLife on the internet. Don't be confused by all the crap 2.0 out there, its core message is that a stand alone...
If Apple is to seduce the Windows user, then the Mac Mini is definately not the best way to do so. Neither is AppleTV. Hardware is not gonna be the answer. It's time for .mac to raise its game! This highly neglected and overpriced internet tool should come for free, open to all windows users and with all the features to be a worthy alternative to Facebook and the likes. There's no better way to give people a flavour of the Tiger/Leopard user experience. Your .mac...