or Connect

Posts by mr O

It feels weird. Didn't Oculus crowdfund their product on Kickstarter first? 
 You are mistaken. It was Steve Jobs who urged Isaacson to also highlight the parts of his Life where he was "not very proud of".You are also misquoting Isaacson. He indeed said that Apple is not the greatest innovator in the world right now. Google is. However, he added that Apple is much better than Google in implementing innovation.I'd recommend everyone reading Steve Jobs biography. It is well written and very honest, balanced book about Steve Jobs life. Even Jobs wife...
If she really is that confident about her book. Why does she need to quote Walter Isaacson's on the front cover?   To me it feels like Walter wanted to do her a favor back as she might have helped him out with the research of his book about Steve Jobs. It is a human act of kindness which she clearly took advantage of (by ostentatiously putting it on the front cover). It doesn't add to the credibility of her book.   I agree with Tim. She fails to grasp the essence of...
There actually is. 3.5" and 4" are the perfect size if you're looking for an on-the-go iDevice. I love my 3.5" iPhone. 5" and 5.5" are already changing the Nature of the product. It could work as an iPod Touch as you don't use it as a phone (read: you don't hold it next to your head like a phone).
I like his Leadership. Very very focused. & Calm   The only thing I would improve is the product roll out. All the product updates seem to happen in the Fall season? Why not having new iPods and Macs in Springtime?
You're right. My interaction with the iPhone is very limited. It is mainly making calls and short on the go interactions with some very good apps (I am loving Clear, Rise, Solar, Mailbox, Instagram and Adobe Kuler for instance). When I am out in the world I do not want to be immersed in my iOS.I am using the iPad for media content, surfing the web being one of them. The iPad is something to get cosy with. Usually in the evenings and on Sunday.
hey folks, I am enjoying the discussion here.It looks like the data plan is more of an issue to you than the actual screen? You want to merge two devices in one?What's threatening is the fragmentation of the screen sizes. It is going to complicate the design for iOS apps. I'd be very surprised if Apple ditched the 3.5" screen as it is still being produced in the shape of the iPhone 4S.
gwmac,You need to identify what you really want:You want to phone and do basic tasks on the go: get the iPhone.You want to surf the web comfortably: get the iPad. The 7.9" iPad mini is already on the edge for surfing the web. A 5.5" iPod (or iPhone if you like) will still be a bad device for surfing the web. It will only improve the keyboard experience.You're mixing up two different devices with different purposes here. "On the Go" versus "In the Couch". Only Apple seems...
Okay. So you want a device with an iPhone flow: Checking and tapping on the go.It sounds like you could be served with a 5.5" iPod touch? It is the only iPhone like device that you don't need to hold to your head. It would make the iPod sexy again …
-sigh- here we go again.   What's an iPhone for? Yes, it is primarily to make a phone call and to be connected at all times because you want to stay up to date with your social life! Apps are basic and focused on simple straightforward tasks: Checking and tapping.   iPad apps already look and feel different than iPhone/iPod apps. They are focused on basic tasks as well, but in a more laid back manner. So, here's my remark: Why the need for creating something in...