or Connect

Posts by mr O

Ha! You forgot to mention Apple removing the steering wheel, gears and break pedal. Apple working on a car/auto actually stems me hopeful. The current breed of tailpipe cars really belong in the 20th century. They are designed by a bunch of bozos. I can imagine them making car noises when drawing their juvenile cars.
Please make it an Auto, not a Car. I'd like to do stuff other than working a steering wheel, changing gears and paying attention to the traffic (jam). NOTE: A Car is driven by a human being. An Auto is a self driving vehicle. Autos clearly are the future:  
You know. An iPod Touch could always be used as an iPhone. The magic of Continuity allows you to answer phone calls from your sexy thin iPod. Imagine those stupefied faces of your iPhone peers Why would you do that? Well, why would you toast your brain with a bunch of iPhone antennas? Answering phone calls while leaving your iPhone in the bag is a no brainer for those concerned with radiation issues. And, you only have to upgrade your cheaper iPod every now and then...
Yes, you're right. Here's a user's guide video of the Shuffle, skip to 3:35 It was a poor user interface at the time because - as you said - it was a one way conversation between the device and the user. Siri however could put a whole new spin on this concept ...
   Apple already released a voice controlled Shuffle at $79 (source: PCMag). It was ahead of its time, three years before Siri. The Third Generation Shuffle: source wikipedia
1. Have a look on Apple's website: http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/ Scroll down and you'll notice they mention Music before Games. The layout reveals Apple's interest in emphasizing the iPod Touch as a gateway to the recently launched (free) Apple music service. Having said that, I agree with you that Apple Music isn't that impressive.  2.  Adding Siri to the iPod Shuffle would significantly improve the user experience. Apple could easily increase the price to $79 for a...
Forget games. The iPod Touch renaissance is driven by Apple Music. It is no coincidence Apple is giving the iPod Touch a significant update during the three month free trial of Apple Music. It is why they have refreshed the iPod now, and not in September.   I agree with the author of this article: The iPod nano is dead on arrival. An extra $50 gets you an iPod Touch which is lightweight and durable.   However, I do believe Siri can rejuvenate the iPod Shuffle. It'd...
It is amazing how Apple turned the tables overnight, isn't it? They just made the iPod a compelling product again.   I do love the champhered edges and the all aluminium back of the iPod. From own experience I can tell you that the protruding lens does protect the lens sufficiently. So, the lack of a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal lens is not an issue. Settle for the 32GB or 64GB option if you are looking for a great resell value on eBay.
 A $25 feature phone (for those rare calls I get) and iPod touch with no celular data plan does save me a lot of $$$*. Before year's end I've earned my iPod back. And with WIFI getting ubiquitious, it really is a no brainer. One more thing: Strangely enough, mere mortals think I am using the latest never-been-seen iPhone. They've somehow forgotten of the iPod's existence.  (*) I manage to do 4 months with a $20 pay-as-you-go-card. That is roughly $5/month: I use SMS and do...
This is excellent news: A 4 inch screen with a friggin' A8, M8 Processor and 8 MegaPixel camera with burst mode?   The iPod is dead. Long live the iPod!