or Connect

Posts by mr O

I am confused. Does it mean the iTunes model doesn't work?   Why the need to buy beats? Their headphones are okay (but well below Apple standards). I don't really understand the fuss about their music service either?   This acquisition makes it look like Apple is clueless and they are buying themselves back into a niche?   I don't understand the hype about this acquisition. On paper it looks exciting. I don't see the benefits in real life though.
This is awesome freediversx!It would make the current 4" iPhone 5S as big as the 3.5" iPhone 4S.Genius!
A redesigned Mac mini would be awesome.   I imagine the new Mac mini to be like the Mac Pro: Same concept of having the computer as a brain, but in silver and a smaller radius. A bit like a thermos flask. I'd have a maxed out Mac mini.   I am looking forward to the new flat look OSX. iOS7 looks stellar!
Somehow off topic:   Isn't it about time to streamline the various mail extensions: @mac, @me, @icloud?    I have to use two different Apple email addresses - @mac and @me - to update my apps on my computer.
They'd probably moan about the price.I am proud of Apple that they did not give in on the netbook trend. Instead they created a new category: the iPad. Let's hope they do the same for the phablet (= 5+" devices). The pressure to release a phablet is getting enormous though …
One of the studies is commissioned by the European Union. What I worry about is Apple not telling us otherwise. We're just test dummies experimenting with state of the art technologies. No one knows the long term consequences.What Apple could do is encourage us to change the way we use our phone. I see a bigger future for FaceTime. It is making use of internet technology and encouraging us to speak to our phone instead of holding it next to our head.Yes. I do miss the...
In short: we'll soon be talking to our phones. FaceTime style.The phone interface needs to be redesigned. It should look like FaceTime if two users have a camera. If not, it should be just a picture you're talking to?
Recent studies show that holding your phone next to your head does impact your brain and DNA:   http://www.mobilitytechzone.com/topics/4g-wirelessevolution/articles/2014/04/29/377325-cell-phone-radiation-causes-dna-damage-says-several.htm http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-news/30-minutes-exposure-to-4g-cell-phone-radiation-affects-brain-activity-new-study/ A solution is to use a headset.   So, if we are going to use our phone in a different way than there is a...
 So, the real problem here is the carrier plan and not the "small" screen size. The data plan shouldn't be limited to one device. Instead it should be a seamless - iCloud like - experience across several devices.
So, why don't you get yourself an iPhone and an iPad mini? Or cheaper, an iPad mini and feature phone?Believe me, a 5.5" iPhablet is still too small to be productive. I expect you on this website next year craving for a 6.7" iPhablet …Frankly, I don't care if Apple releases the 5.5" iPhablet. As long as they don't axe the 3.5" iPhone. It is the best form factor you can get to be contactable and in case of emergencies. It is the perfect on the go device.