or Connect

Posts by mr O

So, I guess Joseph and Maria - both poor and illegal human beings - wouldn't be allowed to celebrate with Mickey mouse?Geez, I am not even a religious person, but the xmas story is a universal one: It is about sharing from the heart. That is true magic. It doesn't come with a 100$ entrance fee. Yes, it is naive. But can't we keep the magic just for one night?Merry Xmas to you all.
Make no mistake,  Pay is an amazing invention that is going to change the world yet again in 2015. Only, I do not see a connection between Xmas eve and introducing a revolutionary paying service? I find it cruel that people are working that evening, to be at the (paid) service of others. One Hundred years ago, in Flanders fields, soldiers REFUSED to fight that night. Instead English and German soldiers were celebrating Christmas eve together in the dreadful trenches. Two...
 That would be an awesome combo with self driving cars!"KITT? Are you there!?! I'm coming down and we're going to London!"
Xmas Eve?   That is a bit distasteful.   You ought to be sharing a self prepared warm meal with your loved ones, not waving iPhones  Actually, the iPhone disappears in a drawer.   I guess it must be a culture thing. Most of the people in Europe - 90%, Piper would say - are celebrating xmas eve with their family/loved ones at home.
I am actually getting more intruigued by the watch as more and more details get released (SDK, UX-guidelines, etc.). What would win me over is what I would call "Intelligent Time", it is a seamless integration of 'iCal - maps (directions) -  watch'.  e.g. it would be great if the watch would warn me that I should quit Appleinsider if I want to arrive on time at my upcoming meeting.
It'd be great if Apple would break up the keynote in separate sub chapter videos of no more than 10 minutes. This way it becomes more sharable on social media as well.
 Oops, I just realised I mentioned "Marxism" on an American forum  So far no one has reported me. We, Europeans feel less intimidated by the "M" word. Capitalism's biggest challenge is to overcome its shortcomings, as outlined by Marx. So yes, Karl Marx is relevant to this thread.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the TED speech of this billionaire banker. [I just read your previous post. You're welcome to save this for later as well. It is a five minute watch.]
 I encourage you to watch the complete video [9:00]. It is narrated by Alain the Botton, a great philosopher in London. Spoiler alert: Marx has been misrepresented by dictators.
 Apple happens to make the best products out there. It is a seamless experience between software and hardware which I am happy to pay a premium for. I am expecting Apple to invest their profits back into society. Right now they are sitting on a mountain of half a trillion $ of cash. I am not being unreasonable here.