or Connect

Posts by alienzed

I suppose I just got a little bit emotional ;) Over the years, all 5 of them during which I've been a member on this site longer than you, I've learned to take everything written online with a grain of salt. We're all just to here to discuss Apple products, the pros and cons, and you have to admit that I'm not trolling... Wanting more than 1TB from a pro machine who's last iteration (release 2 years ago!!!) used to be able to house over 10TB isn't that unreasonable. And...
0_oLet me guess, you are new to the internet....Next time I'll be sure to write my text in between tags so your feeble mind can know the difference between statements of fact and when someone is making fun of you.My arguments were perfectly sound, you just don't seem smart or open enough to understand them. To SolipsismXTo clarify a few things, although I'm sure you'll completely miss the point yet again, I wasn't calling you girls for liking the Mac...
Oh noes, I exaggerated! It's probably just safest to ban me from this forum. I'll understand.   Please stop intentionally missing the point.
Of course some people are going to do stuff like that, but Macbook Pros are there for portability. Sticking it all in a briefcase as big as the old Mac Pro might be necessary for some people, but it goes against the idea of having a "mobile" device. Again, the Mac Pro is not a mobile device, it sits on a desk and never moves. It's small size is good for nothing other than wow-factor and Apple's shipping costs (oh and the environment!) My guess is that lots of people would...
Here we go!1) I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. 2) If it was a success, they wouldn't have waited 2 years between refreshes. Common now, you can't pretend the Mac Pro was a great success. I never called it a failure though, don't put words in my... text. 3) They certainly expect rMBP users to 'deal with HD video' on a internal SSD. No one is lugging around tons of external hard drives with their macbook pro, and if they are, well I'd consider that a fail. Apple aims for...
You girls really need to calm down... The Mac Pros have never been a success story, and I'm not saying this one is crap. I am just saying I wish it could store more than 256GB of data without breaking the bank; it maxes out at 1TB which is not sufficient for anyone dealing with HD video, certainly not 4K. What this means is that this machine, as is, is NOT enough for a serious professional, they will absolutely have to buy more stuff just to make it useable, and that is...
 And... how much does a decent 5 bay thunderbolt enclosure cost? 599$ used? I am looking at the Drobo 5D myself... looks pretty sweet, but for a pro machine one must ask why we need to purchase Hard drive enclosures at all, computers used to be all the hard drive enclosures you need.My only point was that Apple decided to consumerize a Pro machine by making it 'smaller' and 'sleeker'. Don't get me wrong, it's hot! But someone who needs that much power, and can afford the...
"Directly attached storage", that's a nice way to say external hard drive... I'll let an image make my point for me:
"Fusion Drive" is just a name used by Apple's marketing team, it just refers to hybrid drives that include SSD for caching HDD data. The connector can be whatever the manufacturers design it to be, it is in no way limited to SATA. I only used the term Fusion, because that's what Apple calls it.   Either you don't know what you are talking about, or you think that I don't know what I'm talking about, either way your assertions are incomplete at best and flat out wrong...
Why no fusion drive? 1TB is way too little. I'm not complaining, but this really marks the end of the expandable Mac.