or Connect

Posts by jpellino

Apple has no reason to dump Google as a search engine. Google has no reason to dump Apple as a supported platform. Fans on both sides need to get over it.
Not uncommon, especially when the company makes commodity items whose markets periodically get close to saturation.  Investors (short-sighted ones, based on AAPL's history) see good results as a reason to think the next quarter won't be so great.  They model this on individual behavior (hey we each just bought AppleWatches, so we won't each be buying another next quarter) which ignores a lot of other factors.  Of course, last week's news about taptic engine issues didn't...
Which is why police departments are offering their space as a meeting point for Craigslist etc. transactions.
They likely mean right seat, so co-pilot as 737s don't carry a flight engineer.  
Trying hard to imagine what they could be changing in YouTube's API that is beyond an AppleTV Gen2.  API 3 seems to be a superset of 2... sounds like it's time to follow the money.  
Huh.  I have a late 2009 MacBook that runs 10.10.x just fine.  I routinely run Apple hardware for 5 years - 3 on AppleCare and two on Novenas.  So machine age per se is not a deal breaker.  My AppleTV Gen2 that runs everything else that a Gen3 does, only at 720 and without BT AirPlay.  Nothing of either of those spec differences seems to lock out YouTube.  Not sure why having older models means native YouTube is unimportant.  
Tried out the watch today at the Apple Store. This is a bigger deal than I thought. It's still too expensive (I'll bite at $250) but the responsiveness, the functions you no longer need to handle your phone for, the expert-in-seconds interface... this is more than my jaded view that any tech company's watch is just another way to tethered to their ecosystem. Every time you don't yank your phone out of your pocket is one less time it can fall to the ground. I'm sold. ...
Agreed.  Played with one at the Apple Store today.  The screen is a huge step up - gorgeous, crisp, clear, in scaled mode much sharper than the MBPr.  Hope this display becomes the standard.  Didn't even notice the keyboard pitch, and that's coming off the Late 2009 MB as my daily driver.  Ran it through a dozen tracks in a Garageband document - it didn't even blink.  Photos, iMovie with their preloaded demo content - all smooth as silk.  Same price as a MBA-13 at 8/256...
They passed on Danny DeVito?
Web page icons are mostly useless decoration.  Only one you need is the reader view indicator.     Disabled them a long time ago:   Quit Safari.   Find and delete WebpageIcons.db Open and immediately quit Safari. Find and lock (Get Info) WebpageIcons.db Done.