or Connect

Posts by jpellino

Tried out the watch today at the Apple Store. This is a bigger deal than I thought. It's still too expensive (I'll bite at $250) but the responsiveness, the functions you no longer need to handle your phone for, the expert-in-seconds interface... this is more than my jaded view that any tech company's watch is just another way to tethered to their ecosystem. Every time you don't yank your phone out of your pocket is one less time it can fall to the ground. I'm sold. ...
Agreed.  Played with one at the Apple Store today.  The screen is a huge step up - gorgeous, crisp, clear, in scaled mode much sharper than the MBPr.  Hope this display becomes the standard.  Didn't even notice the keyboard pitch, and that's coming off the Late 2009 MB as my daily driver.  Ran it through a dozen tracks in a Garageband document - it didn't even blink.  Photos, iMovie with their preloaded demo content - all smooth as silk.  Same price as a MBA-13 at 8/256...
They passed on Danny DeVito?
Web page icons are mostly useless decoration.  Only one you need is the reader view indicator.     Disabled them a long time ago:   Quit Safari.   Find and delete WebpageIcons.db Open and immediately quit Safari. Find and lock (Get Info) WebpageIcons.db Done.  
Halle-freaking-lujah!     I have had back and forth with a major developer - who should know better and has deep pockets - that their rather mission-critical app has been crashing - with reports pointing to poorly implemented garbage collection.  Hopefully this mandate will solve this problem.  
Yes, Carl. "And I'd like to being of all Londonium and wear a shiny hat." How about you go long on quality stocks and leave the volatility to the amateurs.
Swatch is still a thing?  Will they get Debbie Gibson as their spokesmodel?
I see ARD 3.8 with an release date of Jan 27...
So what this article says is that the horribly irresponsible flaw that was going to zombify your Mac by plugging in some theoretical Thunderbolt hacked thingamabob is... fixed in a little over a month since an exploit was demo'd.
I run Safari with Flash and Java shut down. Keep the Develop menu lit and have a keyboard shortcut to throw the user agent to the current iPad Safari in a pinch.