or Connect

Posts by jpellino

It's wonderful!  Marvelous!  Just don't try to touch its one distinguishing feature, the keyboard.   Want to see every MS new product rollout?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRnX4quv5W4   FF to 2:00, ends at 2:39.
Pentalobe prevents users from opening the device?   Thank the stars Apple has found classified technology to prevent users from opening the device.  Wait, what?   Oh, I see - by "prevents" you actually meant "delays them while they go buy the screwdriver from about a dozen online sources but only after they learn how to spell "pentalobe"".     Got it.
I wish them well, but fail to see how their hardware will outsell anyone else's if any OEM can license W8 on hardware that can have a hundred other ideas/forms/feature sets.  And the way to get a good idea is to have lots of them.     XBOX succeeds as MS hardware because they don't license the OS to anyone else.  That's not the case here, and I suspect it's the one thing they glossed over in the meetings when they were hell bent on leapfrogging the iPad.     They...
Kudos to MS for (1) keeping a secret and (b) hiring someone who knows how to make a product launch video that doesn't make Tim and Eric cringe.     I thought Surface as going to be table-sized and made by Samsung?    I'm most skeptical abou the keyboard/cover, and while the USB port is nice, no one needs to hook a printer directly to a tablet.  The SD slot is nicer, hope Apple is listening.  I'd give up 15 min of battery life for an SD slot on an iPad.  Then...
Are they on display at the stores (yes, I know you can't purchase one on the floor yet)?
Live and learn.     Ping was mehware - seemed functional enough, but in the end... meh. 
"Microsoft also on Monday showed off a new version of the Nike+ fitness application, built for its Kinect motion control accessory. Nike has had a partnership with Apple for its Nike+ fitness applications on iPod and iPhone for years."   You get a chip for your shoe, and for the Kinect, a reeealy long cord, and then you run...   It's indeed "cool for Microsoft".  Ticking through the list of what this can do, it's a lot of Sea Monkeys.  ABC already has apps that...
To me this graphic says "massively implemented resolution independence" and hints at Mountain Lion on retina displays and another iOS screen size.  But what do I know?
Buyback makes little sense. Runups happen for two reasons: (1) smart people believe in the future value of the company and are willing to risk a little more than people were risking yesterday. (2) people who think they are smart who somehow believe that 2012 AAPL @ $600 can split thrice and grow 10X after that like 1984 AAPL @ $3 did. These are the same people who bought Cisco when it had triple-digit PE ratios. They won't have the patience to get any...
Yeah, our FreshStart machines with 2000 still do everything we ever asked them too and no one complains because the start menu isn't flashy. And except for having to remind myself which version of Windows I'm peering at based on eye candy, I can't remember the last time I said "I'm so glad the new Windows does [fill in your favorite whizzy thing]"