or Connect

Posts by jpellino

"This is a very competitive market, and we want to make sure we have a price portfolio to fit a greater number of customers," said Brenda Raney, a Verizon spokeswoman. "In these times, there are some people who would prefer living on a prepaid plan." Translation: No one has any money, and we need a cheap plan. Plus, people are on to our pricing nonsense.
I'd love to see this happen. Problem is: We all struggled with cable boxes for years. Then TV makers set their devices to get all cable channels. Then Cable went to digital. Then TV makers revamped their devices to see digital. June 12, 2009 was supposed to be the day of one-wire goodness at last. Now Comcast (at least - YMMV) has rejiggered their signals so that digital TVs don't get anything but basic. So we're back to some model of their box for anything except...
OK - throw in FaceTime and iPhone capability and I'll buy two. That and a case of Depends, as I'll never need to leave the couch. Seriously, if I can answer the phone (or screen calls) with my remote, and have the live presence that Ellen Page kept offering us in those Cisco ads, you have a player. But it better be within a few dollars of the cost of a first-tier 42" 1080 HDTV + ATV. Apple's MO is to add capability at the same(ish) price point.
Rather it were in the hands of Apple (mac+win) than Kabletown.
That would be the part where they had the same heads-up about using Xcode, ignored it, and got caught flat-footed for a year unable to compile for Intel.
""Spotify, the award-winning digital music service loved by millions of Europeans, will become available tomorrow morning in the United States by invitation and subscription,"" Wow. Exclusive AND European. The Herm├ęs of music services. Steve must be trembling.
Yeesh.
Another way for me to *not* read the New York Post? Where will I go, what will become of me? It is pretty sleazy. This move, I mean. Since there are many who would say that about the New York Post from stem to stern, this is no big surprise.
Constructing a WiFi network to support 5,200 very tech-sensitive attendees and have it all humming along is no mean feat. Kudos. Maybe this is a dry run for the free public WiFi network for Cupertino that was asked for at the zoning meeting for Apple's proposed ringworld campus? ;-)
That while the early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese. Traditional carriers: you've had your fun. Our turn now.