or Connect

Posts by jpellino

Sticking with the 4s for this month's 2-year upgrade.  Why?  No need to re-purchase cables, docks, accessories, cases.  I get Siri, BT4 and an 8MP camera.  Looking at camera shoot-outs between the 4s/5/5s, I'm not convinced that it's a "$200 better" camera, and I have a much better dedicated camera for photography.  I have all of four 3rd-party apps on my phone, so 8GB is not an issue, and use very little data - about 230MB/mo.  So I can get a $55 plan instead of an $80...
Given the big deal they made about the 5c/5s still being able to work one-handed with the average thumb, I'm not sure it'll be as simple as "make-phone-bigger".  Once your fingertips are wrapped around the width of the current 4/5 frames, your thumb is kinda at it's limit.  Go another half inch and your thumb's arc becomes uselessly smaller when you grip a wider phone.  That also balances against the "thin-as-a-touch" rumors - the Touch supports two radios - BT and WiFi -...
Read what John Dvorak suggests concerning Apple. Then do the exact opposite. You will be happier, more productive and richer.
7.1 was far worse on battery life on my iPhone4. Stop laughing. Much better with 7.1.1
Luxury items? Nope. So I buy a $900 refurb'd Apple Laptop every five years. (The first big thing that'll go wrong with it already has and was fixed). Three years on Applecare, two on novenas. I part it out on eBay when the OS is no longer supported. Net outlay usually around $600 or $120 per year. My wife buys a NIB $300 HP/Acer/Dell every two or three years. We scramble to rescue the contents when it hardware-borks. We have a pile of them. Net outlay $600 over 5 years,...
Fuelband needed to be $99.
This is some sort of cruel joke, right? How about Office on your iPad. For free. Try OnLive Desktop. Windows included.
OnLive desktop.  Office.  On iOS.  Files available on the computer.  Done.  
It's all fun until someone tries to swipe away the Mack truck bearing down on their texting experience...
"Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite" Once again, the branding geniuses at MS have outdone themselves. Srsly? They're prepping System Center Configuration Manager as what, an ARD killer? Heck, they waved the Mac browser flag once Safari dropped. Bueno to the suerte with that one, guys.