or Connect

Posts by jpellino

He admitted he did this, generating "activity" to protect his market position and characterizing the activity as "fiction". When he touts himself as an expert and tells people "but of course you have to do it..." then he's clearly no longer in the "don't try this at home" camp. Absent crystal balls, plain old people will do what the experts suggest. And I don't buy the "Bear Stearns lied to me" defense - if Cramer's such a financial whiz, then he had lots more than the...
Um, yeah. Anyone who listens to this guy for financial advice deserves what they get.
Back in the day I could walk into a room and tell you if there was a monitor on. End of the day I just had to open the lab door to hear if anything was still on. Now I have to go look. My hearing is clipped at about 13,600 Hz. My students think it's a riot. That's when I crank the generator up to 17kHz and then they play nice. Played through a loudspeaker in public it's known as a "yob deterrent" in the UK.
To make sure it wasn't April 1. Wow. Wow wow wow. An amazing bit of tech in a small package. At first I thought they borrowed this from the Nike+ system, but I believe that's recorded snippets, this has to be engineered from VoiceOver.
"After making itself appear impervious to economic conditions," Exactly how did they make themselves look impervious? Or are you merely editorializing (that's French for "making stuff up").
"As we look at the netbook category, that's a nascent category," Apple chief executive Steve Jobs said last fall. "As best as we can tell, there's not a lot of them being sold." ...from Tim Cook, who noted that netbooks are "principally based on hardware that's much less powerful than we think customers want, software technology that is not good, cramped keyboards, small displays." "We don't think people will be pleased with those products," he added. "It's a category we...
This is trivial. The contract length is a single number in a template somewhere. Change it. Kinda like adding months to MobileMe as a concession. Odds are they will figure it out. So how many actual developers are there in a rage as opposed to the one source for this article?
You can blame me. The extended keyboard is a beast. I have the white plastic extended keyboard and love it. Can't stand the large aluminum, don't need the wifi. I'd been saying this option has been missing since the day they intro'd the other two.
The Vanity Fair of tech. Trouble is there are no techie Tom Wolfes and Robert Benchleys, so they go for the young guns and anyone who can provide flash. Coupled with uber-cool and barely readable experimental page design, they think they're "it". Every so often they hit a home run, and every so often they find a corked bat. There needs to be a brighter line between bloggers and journalists than there is in this case.
That's what you have. After many months, even the original screen is amazingly easy to deal with. Yes, Classics on my iPT looks cooler, but I read more on the Kindle. Any existing color display at Kindle size would either mean hours of battery life (instead of days) or truly exorbitant cost.