or Connect

Posts by jpellino

(*thud*) is the cell phone CEOs hitting the floor from fainting, realizing that if this becomes big, then they are 1 of 2 gates through which all this data will likely pass. The other (high-pitched) sound is the traditional broadband CEOs double-checking their tasers.
... so I'm still waiting for the one where PC comes running in stage left out of breath fresh from his "I'm a PC" ad... And do we have a count of hate mail for poor sean@windows.com? Please tell me that guy's getting 1 year vesting MS stock for being the whipping boy...
Great. They can use old "Nick Burns, Your Company's Computer Guy" skits for training films. My God, what fresh hell they must face every day. To stand around a retail store and tackle the average Windows user's new problem with a mishmash of hardware. Don't forget your bandelero of rescue floppies...
In the video, the trackpad when clicked seems to actually move - can anyone confirm this, or is a button click simply a tap like the iPhone or the traditional tap-click option on the existing trackpads? (I'm hoping it actually moves...)
Well, he wrote Apple Integer BASIC on paper without a working machine or assembler... counts for something...
...If the folks in Redmond actually get on the web to see their browser dead last, but I think that statistic illustrates the very problem. They can't stand to sit through a image-intensive / javascript session either.
It's like getting to the Toyota HQ and finding a parking lot full of Hondas.
There was a Duo with a Dock in that progression too - perhaps that appeared to be a PC to some folks...
Erm, look at AAPL's past two years. Many people made much money. Many more will. You could have made a bit of money in the past year if you timed it right with momentum trading, but that's not what investing is about. Trading volume has tripled since 2005 from its historical levels. And we've all heard how much the execs have made on stocks. Plus the numbers. $24B revenue... $8B profit... 28% return on equity... sounds pretty rewarding to me!
If they want misery, it would be easier and cheaper to simply slam their fingers in a car door or watch any complete season of "Dallas". Trying to impinge on the smallest market section for HW/SW is hardly a solid biz plan. Especially when they get dragged into court by a company with a nine-figure savings account.