or Connect

Posts by jpellino

"[I] got goosebumps - just, wow," said one insider who was privy to the preview." I'd love to see what passes for generating goosebumps in Redmond. I recall a Jobs Keynote where they hauled up one of the Office Product Managers who was positively rapturous over the fact that you could now press a control that got your Excel graph to stay on one printed page. That was the MS equivalent of a show-stopper. This was somehow the big knee-weakening reveal that was (IIRC)...
He likely does mean POP, standard *retrieval*, so we could explicitly configure a mail.app account to deal with the me.com account without needing the push. Which, by the way currently works just fine. Simply make a POP account for me.com using the same mail and smtp servers, ports and authentication as a mac.com POP setup. Simply substitute me.com for mac.com wherever it occurs. Just tested it from my me.com account to another private account, and all's well. Both...
Nice backpedal though.
That was the AppleInsider sense-of-humor detector you just jammed your pinky toe on.
I hear Chuck Noland's on the case.
...they recalled them simply due to the rampant spelling errors on the bottom of the box front.
from 8.x IIRC?
either they will bite the bullet and if the iPhone costs $100 to manu, that might put the iPodTouch at less than $75 and charge $150 for it, which I would pay. or they simply will wait until nobody wants the iPodTouch and kill it. Either way I suspect no one is going to pay $249 for an IPT if the more capable phone is $199 I hope they reposition it, I fear they will just kill it.
bad for edu and xserve. lots of g5s recent in both ecosystems
Much of what's in schools is G4/G5 iMacs & eMAcs. They do need to support for 5 years, as this is a pretty good indication of how long schools hang on - 3 years under AppleCare and then gamble for a year or two. I understand the need to push things along, marketing-wise, but this is too early a drop for PPC, if they want to keep their edu market happy. Not to mention the legions of G4/G5 xserves out there. It's one thing to tell your boss you'll have to cripple...