or Connect

Posts by jpellino

Your analogy is better if you relate gas to electricity. And yes you can charge the phone anywhere you want. The carrier is better compared to roads. And there are toll roads and bridges and ferries.
Not at all - selling a million of anything in the first 30 business hours in 2000 combined stores isn't likely. Apple only had to announce the results for the quarter, which was 30 selling hours. One thing that you can look at is that they just announced a constant supply at all stores (no more 9pm checking the web site) just in the past week or so. You can imagine the supply was constrained for the manufacturing period before and after the launch, though they had...
MTV told some exec they wanted to create an online music store to compete with iTunes, and once that person stopped laughing, he were able to choke out "Get real!" So they did. MTV / VH1 stopped being about music a long time ago. What can they offer - purchasable videos of the same things they recycle on a half dozen 24-hour channels of road rules, real world, cribs, sweet 16, hulk hogan...?
Any consulting firm worth its salt would have used seasoned (sorry) QWERTY users and seasoned iPhone users and put them head to head. Their claimed conclusion - that it takes time to learn - is right up front with Apple's iPhone info. They have proven what was already published. And as for "User Centric said there were some "limited improvements in keyboard comfort as users progressed through the tasks on the iPhone." All improvements are limited, so they...
No optical drive is hardly an issue for Apple, they want a world where you buy your movies from iTMS and you transfer files not on CD but on .mac accounts. As for ports, 1 each of FW USB enet audio video seems reasonable for an ultra when you have your camera, mic and wireless built in. I could drop the phone and one usb from by ibook today and not notice. Given what they've shown they can do with a hinge to date makes this promising. Given what they did with a...
like the giant iphones - 1m height? oh, wait... (prolly don't want to use a scaled drafting ruler next time, guys. you must have really been in a rush to grab photos...)
That's so much smaller than my Duo Dock II.
Sheesh. What are they paying these guys? Someone who took the tour of the NYSE could have told you there will be volatility surrounding an earnings report. BTW - I once took that tour and had the stones to ask why you couldn't take photos while on the tour - you certainly couldn't record any secret info or even likely image anything important from up in the glassed-in gallery. The official answer? They're not worried about you walking away with any info. The flashes...
OK - well you'd be plugging in your *own* iPod, which would presumably be encrypted with FileVault, I'm sure they went that far down the road. I'm not sure how someone plugging their iPod into a mac would have all my files, maybe I misapprehended that post. Couple this with a .mac mirror of my home directory (space willing) and I'll have belt-and-suspenders assurance that I can get my files anywhere. If all that plus the world were full of macs that last bit would...
i doubt you can copyright the layout of a collection of photos - or else there'd be a lawsuit per hour based on a hundred years of graphic design. the central image is not the only thing that changes, the number of and the individual photo contents are different. resemblance? yes. an unauthorized copy of his photo? nope.