or Connect

Posts by jpellino

See, that second video puts the issue on point. "Perfectly capable" vs. "insanely great".
Leaving out Siri doesn't drop the production price, so it can't drive the retail price. I'll wager it's an iPhone 4s with one more row of icons, a plastic case and not much else of consequence.
And the Ballmer Memorial 20/200 Hindsight Prize goes to.. John Legere! "After announcing strong quarterly results on Thursday, CEO John Legere said T-Mobile's performance was thanks to the company's message and service, not the recent addition of the iPhone to the telecom's smartphone lineup."
iPad has MS Office. It's called OnLive Desktop. Syncs to your Mac and everything.
Mysterious?  Not sure that's the word you're looking for.  MS is a company now habitual in its ability to watch glazed-eyed as Apple hits a mark that MS never knew existed, then arrogantly express disdain for Apple's successful approach, then move into the market years late with an underwhelming offering poured through manifold channels accompanied by inscrutable marketing... it would only be a mystery if they succeeded.     I heard David Brooks today talk about how...
Google Glass:  $1,500 Hoodie to hide the $1,500 thing on your head:  $25 Seeing someone eye-tweet about too much foam on their latte while stepping into an open manhole?  Priceless. 
Well done so far.  It's basically iOS-level iWork, I'll still need to dip into full-blown Mac App for things, but you can get (more than-) basic writing, calculating and presentation done here, and have it everywhere you need it.  Much more user-friendly than Google Docs.  
Ah!  With no CPU, there's that much more space for an extended battery - this thing should run for DECADES on a charge!   Brilliant!
What do these people do when the local fire siren goes off?  Sue the gummint?
Yeah, like the fire sale that saved the Zune!