or Connect

Posts by huffcw

As it stands right now there are so many very basic features missing from Pages it doesn't have any chance of replacing Word anytime soon.   We'll see what happens over time, but in it's current state there is just no comparison at all and no way it could be substituted for how most people use Word for work. At home, on the other hand, my daughter loves Pages for how easy it is to use to create documents - but she only needs the very basics for what she is using it for. 
 I wouldn't count Microsoft out just yet ... was just at Best Buy and noticed how many more people were trying to get a look at the new Surface tablets (with several purchases happening as I stood there), while the new iPad Air had only one or two people looking the entire time. I am also seeing many more very positive posts on the web about the Surface. Whatever Microsoft has been doing lately to get the word out seems like it may be starting to work for them. It will be...
Maybe you're right - but I will say that I thought the same thing until I actually had these things available in a tablet. USB ... super easy to quickly pop-in a thumb drive and pull up a bunch of movies to playback directly (no transferring of files to deal with, no worries about not having enough space or a connection to stream, I can keep several drives with me - loaded with things for the kids and for me, etc.) MicroSD ... After continually juggling files on the iPad...
After using a Surface, I will not come back to an iPad until Apple adds some key features that I have come to enjoy:   USB port and microSD slot - makes added storage and file access super easy.  Touch cover - adds functionality and works great, doubles as a cover for the screen, folds around back when you want a pure tablet experience, and is super slim so doesn't add much bulk.  Multiple user accounts - anyone in the household can pick it up and have it tailored to...
Actually, the third thing that you mention would be special is already implemented in the Surface cover (at least if I am understanding you correctly).  The Surface touch cover folds around the back so you can use the Surface in "tablet" mode -- and when folded around the back in this way the keyboard is disabled so no keys are pressed, etc. Because it is so thin, it works really nicely without adding a lot of bulk (still feels like a tablet - unlike a lot of other...
Have you actually tried using a Surface on your lap? I have with the touch cover and kickstand, and it works great. I have both an iPad and a Surface RT, and I actually prefer using the Surface on my lap with the kickstand/keyboard over the iPad (particularly when I need to do more than just browse the web or play a game - i.e., when I need to do more typing). It works surprisingly well - way better than using an iPad with your thumbs or trying to balance it on your legs...
After using a Surface with a touch keyboard cover (which works exceptionally well), I really would like something like it for the iPad. I wish Apple would implement something like that.
Not too long ago I switched from an iPhone 5 to give a Windows Nokia 920 a try. The 4.5" screen makes a world of difference for me - I find it easier to browse, read news, etc. directly on my phone rather than reaching for my iPad or a computer.    I don't think I would want to go any bigger than that with a phone though.   To be honest - I think at this point it would take a lot to get me to switch back to iPhone now that I have been using Windows Phone 8. About the...
This is too bad. Although, I am not going to give up my iPhone anytime soon, I recently checked out the HTC 8X and it's a really great Windows phone - build quality is good, great camera, sleek design, etc. Feels solid and not cheap at all. And the Windows phone system is so much better than Android IMO - while there is not as many apps in the store, it's quick and easy to use and a real alternative to iOS that offers something truly different.
  Listen - I have been a member of this forum a lot longer than you - and everything I posted about is absolutely true and honest to my experience with Windows. I may not post a lot, but when I have an opinion and I feel like sharing it, I do.  If you don't like the way I composed my post or phrased things, so be it. But don't try to suggest that I am not being sincere in what I am writing. There is no astroturfing here.    I like to try everything and give things a...