or Connect

Posts by huffcw

This is too bad. Although, I am not going to give up my iPhone anytime soon, I recently checked out the HTC 8X and it's a really great Windows phone - build quality is good, great camera, sleek design, etc. Feels solid and not cheap at all. And the Windows phone system is so much better than Android IMO - while there is not as many apps in the store, it's quick and easy to use and a real alternative to iOS that offers something truly different.
  Listen - I have been a member of this forum a lot longer than you - and everything I posted about is absolutely true and honest to my experience with Windows. I may not post a lot, but when I have an opinion and I feel like sharing it, I do.  If you don't like the way I composed my post or phrased things, so be it. But don't try to suggest that I am not being sincere in what I am writing. There is no astroturfing here.    I like to try everything and give things a...
I may be in the minority, but after spending some time with Windows 8 have found myself really liking it. I spouted a lot of hate for Windows 8 until I actually gave a true and fair chance by actually using it for a bit of time (not just trying it for few minutes in a store). I have been gravitating to my Lenovo Twist laptop/tablet hybrid over both my iPad and MacBook a lot lately. And when I am on my MacBook or iPad, I miss some of the ways that the Windows 8 tile...
  Not if you are on an iPad. It would be great to have cross platform - or as an alternative free integrated SMS through the web (like Google provides for free with Google Voice) - on iPad.
  I agree - and it's going to bite them in the ass at some point if they don't eventually do that. 
  I agree.    Also - in my opinion - iTunes should be a web-based interface adaptable to different platforms, and focused on media/content. Currently it tries to do too many things, is cumbersome and my least favorite Apple program to use.
  Exactly - barely ever use my iPhone as an actual phone. It gets mostly used for iMessage (and other instant messaging), email, web, Pandora, etc. I have considered going the VOIP route with an iPad Mini to handle the occasional calls -- with LTE service (and even good 3G service) it seems that there would be good enough speed that it should work well. 
  With a bluetooth handset or headset it could work well -- and eliminate the need for two different devices that essentially do a lot of the same things. 
Agree - including this photo is misleading and really has nothing to do with the story.  
They have to drop the numbers at some point - and it seems to be fine with MacBooks and iMacs - you don't see "MacBook 5" or "iMac 6" - it's just MacBook and iMac. The simplest and easiest in my opinion is to let the name be the name with the release timing indicating the specific model, just like the do with their computers.