or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

To be fair, it *is* a problem in the United States. Apple participates in some of the same offshore tax avoidance schemes that are popular among other corporations, though they're not nearly one of the biggest offenders. It seems silly to single out Apple in this, but there's definitely room to for a legitimate conversation about the subject.Same goes for an argument regarding corporations playing a disproportionate role in politics.
Well, if Apple is working with iDevices, and not suing them for some kind of trademark concern in their name, doesn't that serve as evidence within your own statement that your statement is not correct?
Eh, you're reading too much into the data available to say it is 'highly unlikely'. What is 'highly unlikely' is that North Korea did it on their own. And it *is* possible that North Korea wasn't involved, but not 'highly unlikely'. What we do know is that there's room to question claims leveled by the FBI based on information they've released. With so much firmly in the 'unknown' or 'uncertain' category, you're drawing too many conclusions.Here's a recent article on Ars...
For a payout, obviously.And it's not the first lawsuit associated with advertised storage space.
Maybe the lawsuit will be deemed without merit, but can you really argue that there's no disconnect here?When you buy that 16 GB iPhone you absolutely are not getting 16 GBs. All you get to do anything meaningful with is whatever is left over of that 16 GB after any storage required for the device to run is subtracted. And there's another major issue here, though not represented directly in the lawsuit: Apple sells 8 GB devices which for many casual users will not be...
On one hand, all these companies involved should be clear about how much space is free in these devices rather than how much data the device can store. On the other hand, I'd bet good money that the vast majority of people who have a good understanding of what 1 GB is in terms of data storage also know that the operating system and pre-existing data on a device require storage. It seems like a legitimate problem which is now being addressed with a predatory weapon.
I agree! Noting that Norton is a Symantec product. It was actually really good for a while in the early 2000s but it became garbage. Today it bloats a system and isn't as effective as it should be in detecting/removing malware, and it can also cause some serious headaches if it's corrupted after or during installation. But there are plenty of other choices out there, and information is available to make educated choices.Personally, my favorite is ESET's Nod32 for a balance...
"Your Surface comes with Windows Defender and SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer to help protect you from malware, so you don’t need to purchase antivirus software." Ouch... Windows Defender is awful, and this is bad advice...
He can be forgiven for slipping up on a technology prediction like the mouse's future, but that is but one small contribution to a pool of idiocy he's written. He's certainly not someone people should be taking seriously.Part of me thinks it would be hilarious to see Apple mucking around with Google in the search business but I have absolutely no faith in their ability to create a quality, competitive search engine to Google. I'd rather see them help and support a project...
Nothing is free, but it's important to know the cost. Price tags are much easier to measure than privacy.