or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

That the iPhone 5.5" is already sold out [for release day delivery] does not itself mean much. It means there's definitely some demand for it, and with the volume of products Apple creates that's something, but we won't really know how successful it is until Apple releases numbers later. We don't know how many were made. It could be anything from Apple making a good amount and still underestimating demand down to Apple making a small quantity due to a manufacturing...
Yeah, as bizarre as it might sound for people new to the process, this year was better.Just finished placing orders for myself and my wife. Both through the Apple Store app. And unlike two years ago, I actually got confirmation emails for both this time. And unlike two years ago, I'm going to bed a fair amount sooner. One of the checkouts didn't bring up the Apple Care screen for some reason, but whatever. That can be tacked on after the fact. Both orders are placed and...
Heh. This process is messed up and broken every year.
My point is that what I wrote was in the context of clinical depression.Edit: to entertain the discussion, I truly do believe that there are points where it would be suitable to pass away rather than continue. I, for example, would not want to be alive in a case where Alzheimer's had ravaged my mind to the point I recognized nobody and couldn't even take care of myself at the most basic level. In my opinion, we preserve some human beings for too long.
It, and similar circumstances, happen. At least in the US. And my comment applies to other theoretical circumstances, mentioned here, disconnected from the actual topic of clinical depression such as being on fire with a gun nearby.
I know it is long after the discussion, but I wanted to reply to say that I do agree with you here. If I'm a vegetable sustained in a hospital I want to be allowed to die. I think you understood that a circumstance such as this was outside the purview of my response, though.
None of those things buy happiness. They help, but there are far more important things in life. And this fundamentally misunderstands what depression truly is. Which is to say, depression is much more than 'a + b + c = happy', or even the standard reasoning people might apply to their lives. It can be something much deeper, with potential biological ties, and plenty of other factors like substance abuse (e.g. some drugs and alcohol) can have a dramatic cause or serve as...
I haven't read all the replies, but...1) I believe there is a single key sleep mode. Play/Pause for five seconds? I haven't used it in a while. If memory serves, you need to be on the home screen to make it work. Shortcut to get there? Hold the menu button down in an app and it will exit to the home screen.2) The Apple TV—at least recent models, not sure if this feature is relevant to iteration—will put itself to sleep after a period of inactivity. Hence this isn't...
And absolutely nobody in any of those professions worth a grain of salt as an employee is going to base future decisions on that not entirely accurate fallacy. What will determine, in the future, whether businesses upgrade from whatever they're jumping to will be whether existing machines can handle the new operating system, whether existing software can handle the new operating system, and ultimately, whatever costs and benefits are associated with that upgrade.
I picked it up too on my laptop.