or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

If it makes them happy, good for them I say.I suspect they are either waiting in teams, or have family or friends supporting them.
Okay, that would just be cool. And not just for awesome phone-ness, but also because it would have created some of the most entertaining discussions I've ever seen on the internet. I can just imagine some of the conspiracy theories that would begin to come about with that. "Apple is programming them to buy more of their products!"
More negativity than I expected. The iPhone (and the smartphone revolution it inspired) is starting to stabilize and move into a period of refinement rather than door-busting new features. I see a lot of people whining that the iPhone 5 didn't wow' them but they're not mentioning what features they wanted for that wow-factor to take place. For years I've had some various ideas about what I wanted to see from new Apple hardware but I've pretty much run out of ideas as well....
I'm not going to comment on the new design yet. Sometimes it takes time to see what is good and bad after something familiar changes. One first impression that is probably worth sharing is that while I work through my normal tabs, passing by AppleInsider, the headlines do a much poorer job of grabbing my attention. I'm reading less from the website. It might be contrast related. What I want to know is how a new redesign of an Apple-oriented website failed to include HiDPI...
In terms of actual ownership you don't 'own' the music on that CD anymore than you 'own' the music you purchase from Apple or Amazon. The only difference in ownership is that you happen to own a physical object in the event of a CD. Both Apple and Amazon sell music which is DRM-free. Regardless of the EULA, they're not going to remotely disable those files. You can maintain them as long as you choose to do so. So the difference is nothing near what you choose to believe it...
I'm not sure Apple had a whole lot to do with this—it probably has more to do with the will of the record labels—but this is something which should change, so more power to him.Yeah... those dicks... trying to make the world a better place... jerks...
Is there any other product worth naming individually at this point?
This lawsuit is so bizarre to me. Amazon's monopoly over this industry was extremely strong and they weren't afraid to abuse it (not to say that would have warranted legislation in its own right). Apple comes along with the others and builds an alternative. It, too, is not all cherry-filled happiness, but it has broken apart the Amazon monopoly and now the market is starting to show some more options. And then the DoJ comes along with what almost seems like a radical...
"Sometimes reliable" is a shit term for DigiTimes. You should include 'DigiTimes' in the article title so I know not to waste my time reading what is almost sure to be complete drivel.
I didn't see any demonstration of rubber-banding in the videos.As for pinch to zoom, the DiamondTouch demo uses a similar gesture to size something but not to zoom in or out on anything. I'm not sure how that applies to patent law today, though I'm not too sure about granting patents on something like 'pinch to zoom' anyway. It does seem like a pretty natural gesture and I'm surprised this much reaching is needed in the first place.