or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

Pandora is a pretty fantastic service, quite unlike anything you've described above.It is worth giving it a shot if only to discover why it is different.I personally like to control my own music, but I've discovered a lot of fantastic music through Pandora.
For the consumer market there's GIMP and Pixelmator, depending on the approach someone wants to take, but no comparison on a professional level. If someone is going to come along and compete with a program like Photoshop it is going to have to be something which evolves slowly to compete with it over time. Maybe something like Pixelmator can become just that. It would be nice for Adobe to have a little more pressure on pricing and features.
I don't recall suggesting that people should report the problem, nor would I expect that to be a reasonable solution. But on the other hand, with a project of this scale, Apple does have to release at some stage of readiness which pales in comparison to Google while depending on users to evolve the data to the next level (presuming they actually do a decent job of following up on reported 'problems'). I'm not sure how realistic it would be to expect otherwise. That said, I...
I actually didn't think of that up until I saw mention of it somewhere in a discussion. I suppose I simply assumed that Google Maps wouldn't be very well optimized for mobile devices, but in retrospect that was a little silly of me. I'll be doing just this for transit directions. Hopefully Google Maps comes out in the App Store. For most things, I'm actually really liking the update. I'm in a city that appears to be well-populated. Zooming and navigation are much smoother...
For the time being it definitely isn't on par with Google Maps. I can definitely compliment iOS 6's maps in that they zoom in and out quickly and beautifully—this is an area that Google Maps on iOS was always terrible with—and where I live, in a major city, I'm not (yet) seeing major problems. But looking at some of those other locations it looks like the new iOS 6 maps are terrible. Apple's got to start somewhere, though. Even it it looks like this one might have...
Yeah, they're a step back. I can really see how some people in some cities miss the transit instructions, but I suppose in many of those cities a slightly more cumbersome alternative will sprout up. And they'll probably be behind for at least a year. But by launching it they'll have a base for suitable feedback and I imagine there will be progress. I don't blame them for breaking ties with Google on this particular account and I imagine there are plenty of reasons for the...
Vertical panoramas can be very cool if you just need a little extra vertical content and don't go too far with them. I'm looking forward to seeing how iOS handles them with less vertical content. It can be tricky to process images like that in Photoshop with traditional frame-by-frame photography.
If it makes them happy, good for them I say.I suspect they are either waiting in teams, or have family or friends supporting them.
Okay, that would just be cool. And not just for awesome phone-ness, but also because it would have created some of the most entertaining discussions I've ever seen on the internet. I can just imagine some of the conspiracy theories that would begin to come about with that. "Apple is programming them to buy more of their products!"
More negativity than I expected. The iPhone (and the smartphone revolution it inspired) is starting to stabilize and move into a period of refinement rather than door-busting new features. I see a lot of people whining that the iPhone 5 didn't wow' them but they're not mentioning what features they wanted for that wow-factor to take place. For years I've had some various ideas about what I wanted to see from new Apple hardware but I've pretty much run out of ideas as well....