or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

I can't speak for the software, but I'm a web designer and can speak for the websites. It isn't actually very difficult. It took me a little while to get used to it (some design practices need to be changed to support it), but now that I've prepared numerous graphics and sprites for high-DPI displays, has has become pretty second-nature to me. It's extremely easy to do for new designs. Established websites (such as the very large commercial website I maintain for my...
In other news: a product manufacturer claims that the future is what their products are compatible with.
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the view shown in this article represents an expanded view of that dialogue box.
Sony: now there's a sad company. I use to have a lot of respect for them but they've been going downhill year after year after year. It's a bummer, too, because they made a lot if of products in areas where it was nice to have a brand you could depend on.
Or it just happened to be that mistake which slipped through. No matter how stringent the system, with an operation this big, there are always going to be mistakes. And with one slip-up of this kind I'm inclined to think along those lines. That said, it's even possible that this app functioned within review parameters and the developer chose to do something else after approval (depends on what Apple currently allows in relation to user contact data). If that's the case,...
This is a loaded question because there can be numerous causes for the problem. As suggested above, the first place to look would be making sure that your network is providing a consistent signal with enough bandwidth to stream the audio. Aside from starting there I can confirm that AirPlay can run brilliantly on Apple networking hardware. In my home I have two AirPort Extremes and some AirPort Expressed for AirPlay and everything works great. There were some growing...
Not sure why I'd dump them in favor of Android when Google itself has just jumped in with its own little-to-no-margin tablet. If Microsoft's tablet is actually priced for the sake of profit (so as not to strangle profit from potential third party manufactures) that would be the preferred position. Outside any discussion of OS quality and appeal.
As broken as the patent system is, I'm not sad about any victory scored against Samsung. They're big on copying aspects of their competitors to break into a market (we're all familiar with numerous mobile computing examples, I'll imagine) and this extends far beyond their history in the mobile computing world. You can find examples related to appliances and various other markets Samsung has entered. And so far it has worked out nicely for them, and might even work out for...
They do, actually. The time people spend footing around inane overly broad software and procedure patents is time they could have spent doing something innovative. Sure, they might come up with an original solution to that problem, but that's still time they could have spent doing something else. Also, the patent quagmire can prevent smaller companies from competing as the larger companies will attempt to crush them with ridiculous patents (and frequently succeed in doing...
Thank you for your kind words. Interestingly, I actually know a pretty good number of people who use an iPad and an Android phone. Most of them are Windows developers, or otherwise invested in Windows professionally, so they're in a position where they can't fully commit to the Macintosh platform. To be honest, it seems a little unusual to me. I actually spend quite a bit of money in the App Store (I've probably spent over $500 since it first launched) and I am quite fond...