or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

You're kind of coming across as if display problems are almost always going to be associated with the manufacturer who assembled the final product. Sure, a product manufacturer can definitely mess things up by assembling the product incorrectly, inconsistently, or poorly (using a poor backlight or poorly managing light distribution, failing to calibrate colors to a reasonable extent, failing to secure the screen properly to the rest of the assembly, etc.) but the screen...
  I love Monoprice, but no, they don't. I cannot think of a single thing sold at Monoprice which is higher quality than the original Apple part. In addition to the quality difference, there's usually also a usability difference. For example, Monoprice sells some pretty sturdy sync cables, but the connector is so large that it doesn't even fit into an iPhone with one of the newer bumpers. As another example, Monoprice sells some fantastic chargers (including a 4-port USB...
  It's pretty well priced, as far as I can imagine. I think the only context in which it should logically come across as pricey is to the customer who didn't want to invest extra money into a SSD. For example, compared to traditional (and even the current) MacBook Pros and other high-end laptops the SSD is the factor that throws the price up into this range.
I'm not sure I'd read too much into this relative to Google. Baidu is an extremely popular search engine in China and Apple wants to appeal more to that market. Adding support for Baidu is a good move. I'd read it as a blow to Google if Baidu was a underdog (on a noteworthy level) and Apple started migrating toward them anyway. The movement from Google Maps is probably a better representation of their relationship. If Google had decided to work with Apple instead of...
This is a pretty common scenario across a wide range of technology advancements and interfaces. The risk is if the standard isn't adopted, but being such a great specification (small port, huge growth potential, far superior to alternatives) and backed by big players (e.g. Intel) that probably won't happen.
I'm sure OWC will be along shortly enough with an aftermarket card. Not sure what all the fuss about the SSD card is. Unless people dislike slim laptops, because that's not going to happen with a bastardized 2.5" SSD.
  It's a question of market penetration. While Skype is a very popular service it probably doesn't offer the potential threat to carriers that FaceTime, fully integrated into iDevices and Macs, can now or will in the future. Also, it is worth noting that there may be differences in handling between something Apple is integrating into devices and a service offered by a third-party developer. As is the case with Skype, I'm sure someone is watching to see how much data it is...
  I don't understand some of the limitations (like the VIP feature in Mail being excluded from the 3GS) but I have a feeling I might know why Siri and FaceTime over 3G are limited. Both tax networks (Siri taxing Apple's resources, FaceTime taxing the carriers' resources) so limiting them in a way such as this also serves to limit the amount of resources consumed supporting the features, and naturally the newest devices should be supported if only a limited range of...
That's frequently how it starts. It is a considerable advance in technology with room to continue growing, so it has a large amount of potential. Price will go down in time.
  That does not make it 'gimped', it makes it permanent to some degree. Significant difference between the two. Again, there are people who could make good use of this laptop through its lifetime with the 8 GBs of RAM with no problem. It does require that someone be careful of their buying decision, though. If they believe there's a chance they'll need more RAM down the road they should definitely spend the extra $200 for the 16 GBs.   On the note of the parts being...