or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

You know... I've been wondering a bit about this myself. First, the Mac will handle the display without a hitch. It wouldn't even break a sweat powering it, let alone a Mac Pro with an 8800 GT. That thing could power the plasma television in its sleep whilst simultaneously fighting off three wild tigers. And as mentioned above, a DVI->HDMI adapter is all you need. That said, the key concern here is Plasma Television. Plasma Televisions were once famous for burn-in...
Where's the substance? What insight beyond what is currently being discussed does a PC-related background give a person? nagromme's reply, in my eyes, was comprehensive and extremely well written. I especially love the part about people with old computers criticizing the MBA's ability to do the things they currently due do its 'poor specifications'. I am a graphics and web designer and, unhappy with the progression of the Mac Pro (waiting for the magic release), and...
I was thinking about where to start in my reply, but that does just fine. Microsoft needed to get their act together with Vista and remake the OS from the ground up to place themselves on par with Apple. Their security problems would be better addressed from this perspective and it would make future Microsoft updates far less intrusive. I think it fell apart due to the Microsoft bureaucracy, which is actually a shame (this being the chief complaint of Microsoft...
Vista is better tested than Mac OS? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that statement is pretty far out there. Vista feels like OS 10.0. It is slow, buggy, and when it crashes it crashes hard. 10.5 was a little frustrating for me at first, but it turns out that was only because I've been Acrhive/Installing since, what, 10.3? My user profile has accumulated junk since that time. After seeing how fantastic Leopard worked on my bro's new iMac I re-installed Leopard and...
Worked for me. And I can assure everyone that I haven't gone to AOL before on this computer.Besides, you can tell when auto-complete is kicking in. The suggestions will appear below and the auto-completed portion will appear after your cursor highlighted. If you are just typing in a domain (e.g. 'aol') and seeing nothing, auto-complete is not kicking in.This may be associated with your Domain Name Server, which for most people will be decided by their ISP. There is...
Love it. Adore it, even. I'm scared of breaking it outside warranty.
Yeah, I tossed a 7200 RPM HDD in my Macbook (Core Duo). Before doing so I spent a few hours online researching all the latest 7200 RPM drives. I checked speed benchmarks and paid careful attention to notes on heat and noise. This information is not hard to find. I think in the end I wound up putting a Hitachi hard drive in, but please note that a lot has changed since that date, and there will almost certainly be a better choice now. I maxed out the RAM too. The machine...
I think a lot of you folks are overlooking something important. I noticed it right away given my field. I make all my money maintaining, configuring, and setting up computers for business professionals. I also advise them on technology and help them to find solutions that match their lifestyles. Many of them are very fond of Macintosh, and they pretty much all lamented a lack of a more portable computer. When I found out that something along those lines was going to...
No. They attributed the delay to Vista. That is still laughable.
I’ve got a buddy that works for Firedog. He said they laid off (laid off) employees who were on commission, but would wind up making way to much money when their commission-based pay would result in an excessively large salary (he said some would have made $28/hr when most Firedog employees make, what, $12?—this in Bay Area, California). So there is probably a somewhat more shady element to this. Just like many of the employees targeted by BestBuy a year ago with the...