or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

I take it you don't have the exact error? That would help in researching it. That said, I decided running Parallels off a Boot Camp partition was a big mistake. It introduces far too many new bugs that you don't have to deal with when simply using an image. If you can, create a new Windows image just for Parallels and optimize it for use as a virtual environment. You'll be happier and you can store it on another drive (improving speed and freeing up space on your main...
For you, yeah, there would be a pretty decent difference. It is due in large part to the better video card.
Macbook Pro, 15" Configured to suit your fancy. Portability lands you with a laptop. Aperture (and any heavy work in the likes of Photoshop or Illustrator) means you will be much better off with a proper video card (especially if time = money) and that is not something the Macbook offers. Macbook can handle what you are doing, but not anywhere near as well as a 15" MBP. Get a nice 7200 RPM hard drive aftermarket with your RAM for bonus happiness and saved...
Yeah, as far as Panasonic goes, it came with the highest recommendation almost everywhere I looked. Even as I was reading more now about the 'pixel wobbling' technology (which my plasma apparently has) people continued to rave about Panasonic's plasma products. This is my first HDTV so I don't have a great basis for comparison, but it definitely is a solid product. As far as burn in goes when an image is 'burned in' to my screen it remains until I do something else, and...
Azureus has been having loads of trouble in Mac OS for quite a few users as of late. I'm not sure how much of that has been resolved in the past month, but that might be part of your problem. If your system was running properly after the restore and continued to do so until you started mucking around with the P2P software, you're probably pointing your finger in the wrong direction.
Only way you'll be running XP without some insane custom hardware modding is in Virtual PC, and I wouldn't wish Virtual PC upon a person I hated with all my heart and soul. If you're looking for Windows-compatible bang in a small package, why not invest in a Mac Mini?
Dawn wallpaper I put together some time back from scanned artwork. Edit: and for what it is worth, Parallels: My cat.
You know... I've been wondering a bit about this myself. First, the Mac will handle the display without a hitch. It wouldn't even break a sweat powering it, let alone a Mac Pro with an 8800 GT. That thing could power the plasma television in its sleep whilst simultaneously fighting off three wild tigers. And as mentioned above, a DVI->HDMI adapter is all you need. That said, the key concern here is Plasma Television. Plasma Televisions were once famous for burn-in...
Where's the substance? What insight beyond what is currently being discussed does a PC-related background give a person? nagromme's reply, in my eyes, was comprehensive and extremely well written. I especially love the part about people with old computers criticizing the MBA's ability to do the things they currently due do its 'poor specifications'. I am a graphics and web designer and, unhappy with the progression of the Mac Pro (waiting for the magic release), and...
I was thinking about where to start in my reply, but that does just fine. Microsoft needed to get their act together with Vista and remake the OS from the ground up to place themselves on par with Apple. Their security problems would be better addressed from this perspective and it would make future Microsoft updates far less intrusive. I think it fell apart due to the Microsoft bureaucracy, which is actually a shame (this being the chief complaint of Microsoft...