or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

These programs have always supported the installation of basic versions of Vista. It was the support teams for these programs that did not answer questions or help people with the associated installations, and that was only because it was against the Microsoft end user license agreement. I imagine they've reversed themselves since then as Microsoft has changed their stance.
You have got to be kidding me... Mac Air is a mistake before we have even had a chance to see how successful it is with the niche market it was designed for? And nevermind that it is pioneering new technology in that we will enjoy in Macbooks and Macbook Pros. It also seems like this guy didn't do his homework regarding the Macbook Air. Apple TV 1st Edition was not successful. I think it was a necessary stepping stone, though, for Apple TV 2, and Apple made good on...
We're a fair distance off from people wanting to manage and collect 30 GB movie downloads. Good luck enjoying Planet Earth as downloaded content.
The value of storage vs. speed will be different for all of us. If the storage is not needed now, and, say, 160 GBs gives us plenty of free space, sometimes it is nicer to get the speed and worry about storage sometime down the road when it matters (and 300 GBs is common place for laptop hard drives). The OP has to make that choice for themselves. Back to your mention of $20, that is about the difference in price I was encountering when I was shopping around for the right...
Obviously programs which depend on page files will benefit the most, but don't forget -- the OS depends on cache files too. When I upgraded my laptop's hard drive from 5400 RPM to 7200 RPM the speed difference was noticeable. It was not an extremely large upgrade, of course, but the price difference between 5400 RPM and 7200 RPM is not that great assuming you are looking at quality hard drives. If the greater storage is the priority then all is settled, but if the storage...
Sell it.No phone has been holding resale value like the iPhone. People are selling iPhones with cracked screens for nearly $300. I sold my 8 GB iPhone for the price I paid to buy my new 16 GB iPhone. Even when the new model comes out the current generation will still hold value among buyers who aren't comfortable spending the highest price. I suspect they will continue to update the current models with new features as possible and that the only thing left behind will be in...
5400 RPM? Sure... good storage... but why? If you're going to upgrade, upgrade to a carefully chosen 7200 RPM drive.
PS3 was a success for the company even before it turned profitable. Without PS3 the HD war would have been very different, and it could have been Sony that was hemorrhaging money like Toshiba is right now. Sales of the PS3 are picking up more and more and manufacturing cost is going to keep going down (especially with the natural cost drops of progressive technology and the widespread implementation of Blu-ray). PS3 also now has some real heavy-hitters coming in the near...
In honesty, it is clumsy with all the images. Use CSS to make sure they are relegated to the background and do all styling in CSS. Use borders whenever possible (as opposed to images). It should be easy to read and easy to highlight/select text. I would play with font sizes and colors to make it more readable. Edit: Make sure the page is compatible with font-size zooming features of major browsers. You are going in the direction of something fun, though.
How many people who rag on the ol' Mac Mini have actually used one? I wanted a Mac Pro but at the time I needed it I didn't like the configurations available from Apple. I also knew some of the great technology we have today would be coming out. For years I had been doing all of my graphics and web design work on a PowerMac, but with the introduction of Intel chips I needed to move forward to save a lot of money (thanks to the potential this new type of Mac would bring...