or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

This is fantastic news. And this is a product I would buy. I do not shop on the iTunes music store because of DRM.Research your views before throwing out such statements. Other music players do support AAC (not all, but many) as has already been established in this thread. More music players will support AAC as time progresses, AAC is a far superior standard to the archaic mp3, and it is also far more stable as a format. This is a wonderful step in the right direction. Oh,...
Why? Apple has done nothing to demonstrate a lack of interest in backing their computer development—in fact, these new products all rally around the Mac platform. As for immediately implementing all new Intel technologies, I think we can count on that not happening. If they follow Intel’s roadmap it will have a strong affect on their sales. They will continue to develop platforms at their own pace, and we can continue to count on higher quality products than any other...
That’s a good question. I suppose it would depend on how Safari handles the upload control. In OS X it takes you to the Finder, and you select a file. I imagine the iPhone will take you straight to some sort of media folder where you can pick between music, pictures, or whatever else comes to mind. If this is the case—and I see no reason why it wouldn’t be—you should be able to upload photographs to Flickr. The only remaining trick is getting your photographs from your...
I suppose it is possible that Cingular might see significant pre-release interest and choose to do less to entice potential users, but at the same time I’d hate to underestimate the greed of these companies. If Cingular further subsidized the cost they would not make quite as much money off people who are already going to buy one, but they may entice many new users. If they bought people out of their contracts, they will get many people to come over to Cingular (possibly...
This discussion is pure speculation, but hey, I’ll bite. If Cingular subsidizes the iPhone further (I imagine the price already announced includes some subsidization) there’s nothing stopping them from sharing that same subsidization with the Apple Stores. That Apple would be opposed to some subsidization, and that Apple feels it would cheapen the phone, those are both matters of opinion, not fact. I believe both views came from Daniel of Roughly Drafted. I agree that...
I wonder how many people who really want to get one, and have already researched the product, have bothered signing up on that list? Cingular isn’t going to offer much beyond basic release information, and people who go out of their way to research products like this before release are on top of it. I’m buying one, and I’ve never even considered signing up for their mailing list. If 1 million people have inquired, that seems quite impressive indeed, and would lend itself...
You misread, or I worded my reply poorly. I meant to say specialized computers tend not to be deployed or managed by the likes of IBM and Dell. They are rather prepared, deployed, and managed by specialized staff. We do not disagree on this point.Again, I am talking about the computers deployed to various employees of the company. The computers which make up the bulk of a company’s machines. None of what I have said applies to the server room, or other specialized...
I guess it depends on the type of company. If the company has a trained and specialized IT department that deploys its hardware, that may very well not be the case. But offices, retail stores, and many similar companies have contracts with IT departments to populate their drone-level PCs. These computers may or may not be supported by said company, and they may or may not be under further contract restricting use and disassembly (it depends on the business). I can agree...
Huh? What does this have to do with my reply? If your company is purchasing these computers with Vista licenses, whoever is making that financial decision should be fired. Period. The only possible exception would be if your company is actually using Vista, which would absolutely astonish me. And this has nothing to do with Apple.
In the business world it still isn’t too hard to find XP machines. If you have any control over the process, you might want to look into it? Business providers still have XP machines—you just don’t see them in stores anymore. Heck, the so-called business representatives at stores like Best Buy can also order XP machines through their special retail channels. Just pretend you’re running a business.