or Connect

Posts by Xian Zhu Xuande

Gimped for you, gimped for video editors, underpowered for me, but plenty for a wide range of professionals. An upgrade is available. 16 GBs is more than enough for the vast majority of professionals out there.
  It seemed a little unusual to me too, but as I think of it it does make more sense. I have a feeling these machines are highly dedicated to providing certain specifications like battery life with that retina display and the extra space saved by cutting out the likes of an optical drive and even a mechanical hard drive played a key role in that (these laptops are packed). Some professionals are going to want the option of a huge mechanical hard drive or might not want to...
  8 GBs of RAM is not gimped. That's more than enough for the vast range of computer uses people will need this thing for. 16 GBs is $200 more (actually relatively reasonable) for those who will need more (or who anticipate needing more). Not a huge fan of soldering them in (if that's the case), but an intelligent purchase should handle that well enough. 256 GBs of storage isn't super delightful but it will work for many people depending on their requirements, though...
  Not a huge fan of the glossy displays myself. I've still got an old matte Cinema Display for my Mac Pro and I love it. My current MacBook Pro has a glossy display, but to be honest it has really become a bit of a non-issue. It is easy to adjust indoors and even outdoors I can usually find a position where it is manageable. That said, I'm looking forward to the, what was it, 70% glare reduction they mentioned in the keynote? That'll be a great bonus.   I work with colors...
  No, it isn't. For what you're getting (in terms of engineering) this is a fantastic price. That ASUS laptop is but a shadow of the build quality of this computer with far lower quality parts (in most cases), larger in size, and has much lower battery life (I'll also be surprised if it has the same processor and graphics). Many of these things aren't going to matter for a computer buyer. Many people don't care about the quality of their laptop in terms of engineering....
  Not losing sleep over the optical drive either. You can get a plug-in optical drive for use on those rare occasions where it matters (I know some people need an optical drive more frequently but they're probably in the minority, and if they can afford a laptop like this they're probably able to explore all the options available without fuss, or just get the regular MacBook Pro). 256 GBs of storage isn't much, but that's where the upgrades come into play. I personally...
  If you can't discern pixels on a normal computer screen you're not looking or don't know what to look for.   And you don't seem to understand how resolution independent graphics work in OS X or you wouldn't be commenting on the text size.   Did you really register just to troll about technology you haven't bothered researching?
So completely sold. Time to update my three year old MacBook Pro, which is starting to really show its age when I work. An upgrade for the 512 GB SSD and a browse over any other tiered features and this baby's on its way to my house. I haven't been able to think of anything I dislike about this new laptop.
In the United States it just offered to search, and I gather in the UK it displayed what this article suggests. So its behavior wasn't quite as the article (old or new) suggested, but a custom response is a new change.No, they didn't. Siri offers a wide range of sarcastic and humorous responses to non-serious questions and this is right along the lines of other questions which can earn similar responses. No need to be so serious.
Ah. That would explain it, then, and in that case this would be legitimate.