or Connect

Posts by JupiterOne

For me, it's not that you don't want to be part of ANY group text, just to be able to remove yourself after you have responded. I will get texts sometimes that start of with "Hey, anyone know when.....blah, blah,..." I may want to respond, but I don't want to hear everyone else's response. Also, if a mass text goes out as an invitation to something and you respond with a No or even a Yes, I don't need to hear all the other responses, some of which go on into the night...
YES! I would love to be able to do that.
Jesus, that profile pic. My grandmother's voice comes to mind. "Wipe that puss off your face."
I'm not saying there aren't any use cases for having side by side apps, but are there enough use cases and enough good use cases to change the entire paradigm of the iPad and iPhone? Everyone is imagining how this would work on an iPad, but do you really think a major new feature like this would simply be omitted from the iPhone? How would the user experience be of watching a video while typing an email on an iPhone? I'm still not convinced.
I see what you're saying about the Notifications panel and Control Center, but you are still taking your focus away from one thing to do another thing. It may be faster with those panels instead of switching back and forth between apps, but you are not doing two things at the same time.Same thing with your sports analogy. Even if you are a touch typist and you can type an email while your eyes are on the video, your focus is either thinking of the words you want to type...
I too struggle to see a real use case for side by side apps. If I needed to compare two documents where my eyes would scan back and forth between both documents, I can see how that would be beneficial. But how many times does that really happen? What other times do you need to be looking at two things at the same time for an extended period of time? I regularly copy/paste data between apps or look up something, and switching back and forth seems fine for those...
...right down to the lightning connector.
But a house with a real security system installed is more secure than a house where the installer did nothing but hang a fake cardboard alarm panel.
That's a bit of a stretch. I would consider software knowingly giving its users a false sense of security, a security issue.
Is that iPhone jailbroken? What is that gesture he uses to lock the iPhone? And how does he have 5 icons on the dock?