or Connect

Posts by LordJohnWhorfin

I recently rented Ford cars with the Sync system in them and was absolutely floored by how incredibly awful the system is. While it supports bluetooth audio streaming, pairing the phone is buried several levels down a poorly named hierarchy -- even worse, so is the input selector. It's mind boggling they shipped such a bad system, and even worse that Ford took delivery of it. It's pure garbage. I can't imagine Blackberry being able to do anywhere near as bad even if they...
Please. The repackaging of high risk mortgage securities to masquerade them as safe investments was criminal, and I think it's at the very least disingenuous to claim that the government forced the banks to give mortgages to people who couldn't afford them. The fact is that banks conspired to manufacture what they knew full well was a pyramid scheme, knowing that in the end the government would have no choice but to bail them out with taxpayer money, meanwhile their top...
When I read the original IDC headline I was wondering why schools would buy expensive, underpowered, crippled do-nothing laptop wannabes when better, cheaper alternatives were commonly available. Thanks DED for taking it apart and exposing it for the piece of fiction it is.
Not to minimize his crime, but the Wall Street bankers who caused the 2008 crash got away without as much as a slap on the wrist.
That's simply not true. T-Mobile offers excellent LTE speeds in all major markets, unlike Sprint. And while they are upfront about throttling you after your data allotment if you're on one of their low cost plans, the throttling is very gentle (250kbps, enough to stream SiriusXM and choppy video), and if you're on their unlimited plan there is absolutely no throttling and the speed is awesome. So stop lying.
They wouldn't be making it entirely free if the paid version was selling. Looks like Pages, Numbers and Keynote are more than enough for pretty much everybody. Free or not, I'm certainly not going to bother using up space on my iPhone or iPad with this crap.
It's wireless, not contactless. Unlike induction technologies like Qi or Powermat which limit the current to 1A or 500mA, this case actually use little contact pins that automatically extend outside the case when pulled by the magnets on the charging mat. Also, you don't need the charging mat to recharge the case since it has a microUSB port, which can be used for charging and syncing. This ended up being my favorite power case of all... until I upgraded to an iPhone 6...
They made a deliberate choice to align it with the price of top tier devices (iPhone, Galaxy S, LG G2...) possibly not so much in order to make money, but to create the perception that it was a top of the line product and not a store special. Unfortunately, most of its features are aimed at making you spend more money on Amazon... which would justify a heavily discounted price. The rest of the features, while being somewhat interesting, bring absolutely zero value to the...
He will probably never know how many young LGBT people his official public coming out will help. Everybody knew he was gay before, he never made a secret about it, but with this he is making it impossible to ignore and for that I salute him. Well done Tim. You're the best!
Just in time for me to stop using that crap. Apple's Pages/Numbers/Keynote are more than enough for me, they're cheap, look great, work on Mac and iOS, and they can open Office documents. And there's always LibreOffice and Open Office.