or Connect

Posts by LordJohnWhorfin

My three year old Prius just started warning me that the battery in the keyfob is getting low. I can already open my garage door, unlock my front door, control the lights, heating and AC in my house from my iPhone; being able to use it as a keyfob would be fantastic. The Tesla already does that.
Offensive? It's your idiocy and complete lack of brains that is an offense to common sense.
  You have absolutely zero grasp of the situation, all you know is what you heard on Limbaugh and Fox News.Net neutrality is a critical component of free speech in the XXIst century and prevents ISPs from double-dipping and holding some companies' traffic hostage. Do you have any idea why Comcast wants to merge with Time Warner? Do you even have the slightest clue what a de facto monopoly is? Do you understand that we pay four times what most people pay in other countries...
"Podcasts" would be fine if it didn't have that incredibly irritating 100MB limitation for downloads over the cell network. It's a completely arbitrary limitation that can not be modified or disabled, so I have to use a third party podcast app to download video podcasts over LTE. Sucks, because that app is nowhere near as good as "Podcasts" but it lets me do what I want. Other than this stupid limitation, I find it to be great because it's very simple and works reliably....
Good place for a solar farm, too :-)
 What exactly is your justification for this ludicrous statement? Of course double blind tests work for audio like they work for everything else. The listening panel does not know which equipment they're listening to, and the test is setup in such a way that the person switching the sources and collecting the results can not influence them, usually by relying on a neutral third party to call out "System A" or "System B". If you can't tell the difference, either there isn't...
Maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was all previous attempts at delivering "premium quality audio" such as SACD and DVD-Audio, have failed, because CD was good enough. And iTunes audio is good enough. Maybe not for everybody, but there aren't enough audiophiles willing to pony up for Pono in order to make it a successful business, in my opinion. I'll be very happy if they prove me wrong and I wish them to be very successful, I just don't see that happening.
The conditions of the test aren't very clear but if they compared the same file played back on both devices it makes no sense.The real test would be comparing identical tracks purchased on both stores, because that would be real life use conditions. Still, I'm not sure there's enough of a market out there of people who care enough about the ultimate audio quality for this to be a successful business. It's not the first attempt at providing higher quality audio, and...
Spot on. While a comparison with a much larger, high quality speaker immediately reveals the limitations of this speaker, it's by far the best sound you can get out of a speaker this size, bar none. For a similar speaker that's almost as good, check out the Brightech bluetooth speaker. It's about the same size, doesn't sound quite as good but it's still excellent, and it won't break the bank at $35. Definitely another one of those "this big sound is coming out of this tiny...
Could we please start referring to Samsung as "the beleaguered company"?