or Connect

Posts by LordJohnWhorfin

Running out of juice has a serious adverse effect on the ownership experience. If the iPhone's battery life was not an issue to "most users," Samsung would not have picked on it for its anti-Apple commercials.
Who do you think you are? I can't believe how arrogant and self-important you are. I'm TELLING you what *I* would prefer. I have battery cases. I've actually had battery cases since my first iPhone. Mophie, Tylt, brand-X, dozens of them. They ALL suck. They add considerable bulk to the phone, much more than a higher capacity battery would. It's an inefficient concept that wastes a lot of energy in the conversion, using one battery to charge another. I would like to have...
I wouldn't mind trading some thinness and weight against a whole-day battery life... The 5S is gorgeous, but if you use LTE or the GPS a lot, an external battery or battery case is pretty much a requirement. I'd love to have the option of a 5Ah battery, even if that meant a thicker, heavier phone.
Breathing a sigh of relief. All I needed was for my beloved T-Mobile to be destroyed by the No Network.
They're full of crap. When AT&T decided to turn my "grandfathered" so-called unlimited plan into a 2GB plan by throttling so brutally that even getting email became impossible, I filed complaints with the PUC and the FCC, and I got a very polite reply (6 months later) explaining to me that there was nothing they could do. I switched to T-Mobile and everyday I tell myself how lucky I am to have made that move. Ahole carriers like AT&T and Verizon pull these stunts all the...
Most people have no concept or understanding of the actual cost of their wireless contract -- phone line. AT&T gives them a $450 discount on the phone in exchange for a 2 year commitment, and they don't smell the dinosaur-size rat hiding behind that "gift". It's basic arithmetic any 8 year old should be able to do, but somehow all they see is the lower upfront cost ("I need the subsidies, I would never have been able to pay for the iPhone 5s otherwise!") It's not really...
My favorite: the incredible sales figures of the 5c, which ALL the investors gave Apple crap about, and called a failed product until recently. Turns out it's a runaway success. Goes to show how clueless these "analysts" are.
Double-digit growth on a phone that's 2 generations behind Android flagship phones and with the new latest and greatest widely rumored to be announced in just a couple of months. If that's not spectacular performance, I don't know what is. Throw in increased market share for iPad, increased margins... That is not the picture of failure.
I wonder if the reason for his success is that he received daily massages with beer.
I am such a fan of Daniel's articles. Always a very interesting, unique and insightful angle, well documented, and written in an inimitable style. Well done, sir, well done. There is a book contract in your very near future.