or Connect

Posts by LordJohnWhorfin

No, it has not. The FCC has ruled that it was illegal to advertise unlimited data and then apply arbitrary limits after which throttling is applied. In other words, it's perfectly legal to throttle as long as you're upfront about it. For instance, T-Mobile's lower tier plans advertise unlimited data but always clearly stated how much full speed data they included and what happened after you hit the cap, and that's legal. What really stinks in this story is that the FCC...
Looks like a legit company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Customer_Satisfaction_Index It's a metric, it may not be that meaningful, especially considering what is known about purchases of the iPhone 6/6 plus (a large percentage of them are from switchers) And I am also floored that anyone could consider themselves satisfied with an Android phone but hey, maybe they think it's "good enough".
That grandfathering is such a scam. You have a 5GB plan, WITH THROTTLING. You're clinging onto a worthless plan with a worthless company. Don't believe me? Try going over 5GB in a month and see what happens. Hello throttling, good bye data. Ditch AT&T and go T-Mobile. You'll save tons of money and won't patronize a business run by thieves.
It's essentially T-Mobile's plan, with the difference that you pay for the data you use (great, but only for people who don't use a lot of data -- if you use several GB per month T-Mo is cheaper), and it can use the Sprint network too (not a selling point for many, because Sprint's coverage is awful). Looking at my usage on T-Mobile, this would actually cost me more than I pay right now.
How drunk does one have to be on the Republican Kool-Aid to believe that getting rid of Net Neutrality would benefit customers? We have one of the lousiest and most expensive internet service of the industrialized world. People in Europe pay $30/month for broadband + TV + international calling. Compare to your cable bill. Deregulation has allowed the creation of monopolies and kept the prices high via the complete lack of competition and the greed of the carriers. We need...
I've already seen one in the wild a couple of days ago and discussed it with its owner. The person (I'm intentionally not disclosing their gender) said it was a present from an Apple employee and clearly had no clue that wearing it in public like that could get said employee sacked -- but maybe it was a gift from Tim Cook, I don't know.  The watch is beautiful and the finish really spectacular.
That would have been really, really cool 20 years ago, but with 10+ hours music playback time and good sound quality on many bluetooth headphones, why bother with wires?
Comcast has been playing with data caps on its network (250 or 350GB/month). Up until now, they're not enforced, but they could be at any time. Now, 250GB is a lot of data for an ordinary internet user, but a family streaming HD content will go through it quickly. Unless they stream through Comcast's own XFinity player: that data does not count against the cap. Of course, they insert their own unskippable commercials into any programming they stream. Should AppleTV be a...
No, but I can already do that with my phone. Can you wear the Apple Watch for a week without recharging? Can you look at it and tell the time without having to shake it or press a button? Someone was talking about 1970 CRT technology, this is going back to 1970 LED watches!
Well, the original was supposedly 7 days but lasts about 4, so I'm guessing 7 days is about right for the new one.Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll get an Apple Watch at some point, and I can see the appeal to some, but what I've seen so far is not very appealing. I may get completely wowed when I see it in person, and obviously they'll be able to get it very tightly integrated, much better than Pebble ever could. But at this point, to me the Pebble is a lot like the...