or Connect

Posts by LordJohnWhorfin

If you think you might at some point want to develop an iOS app, you need to get a Mac. I don't think it explains all of the sales bump in emerging markets, but I'm sure it's responsible for some of it. That, and the fact that the emerging middle class there needs its status symbols and that glowing Apple logo in the back of the screen is as ostentatious as the "LV" pattern on a Vuitton purse.
They were so busy copying Apple's products that they forgot to copy Apple's way of making money... D'oh!
That was my first reaction, but it could also be that they refused to provide the Chinese government with tracking information, or allowing them to turn tracking on stealthily. At any rate, it's obvious that the government's complaint is completely baseless, so there definitely is some sort of power play here.
Finally got a reply from the seller. They do NOT collect sales tax for orders going to California.
Do you even read what you write? Pathetic.
If anybody's trolling, you are. There is a law, it should apply to everybody the same. A company should not be able to apply for exemptions on the basis of its owner's religious beliefs. If the owner has such strong beliefs that they clash with the laws, then they should get out of the business, period. I find it completely outrageous that this 13,000 employee company is being depicted as a little mom-and-pop shop where the poor religious owners are being bullied by big...
If you want to do business in China, you have to abide by their rules. They may be unfair, arbitrary, absurd, laughably ridiculous, but this is the biggest growth market and Apple wants to be there, so... That's just the way it is. Apple just needs to put up with what they very well know is a government-sanctioned shakedown.
Computer says... YES!
A used LOCKED iPhone 5 64GB goes for $350/$385 (less for Sprint or Virgin phones because they're not unlockable). a used UNLOCKED iPhone 5 64GB goes for $500 (check out Craigslist and ebay). So, these are great prices for what is essentially a brand new phone with a full 1 year warranty. However, the prices for the lesser models are much less interesting.
But if it's sold by a third party company, which it is, and that company has no business nexus in California, they don't have to collect tax.It has nothing to do with where the product ships from, but which business is doing the transaction.You still have to pay tax, though. It's just not collected by the seller on Sacramento's behalf.