or Connect

Posts by LordJohnWhorfin

A bit of a shame for a talented developer like that to be wasting his talent on something as vapid as Facebook, but I'm willing to bet he's getting more money there than he ever would have at Apple. 12 years is an eternity in developer years... Switching is a good thing for all parties involved.
Looks like Apple threw some money their way this time.
How about compensation for all the infringing models that shipped? Not to mention, this was willful infringement, in the US Apple would be getting triple damages...
I have a Surface Pro 2 and, while I find it to be an extremely capable device, I never use it. Why? It sucks at being a tablet (too thick and heavy) and it sucks at being a laptop (it won't sit on your lap, and the flap stand is horrid). And Windows 8 makes me want to retch.
Severe slowdowns can actually be the result of overheating caused by dust accumulated in the heat sinks and fan ducts.Open up the computer and clean everything up with a compressed air can. Pay particular attention to the fans and fan blades.It can make a dramatic difference, and at the very least it's worth a try.
This is absolutely true, but completely irrelevant. Income inequality has been skyrocketing since the '70s in this country, and it's a different debate altogether. We can certainly have it, and I will probably be on your side, but penalizing engineers because in your opinion they're already making enough, while the difference was being turned into shareholder profits, record CEO salaries and executive bonuses, is not fair either.   The great Steve Jobs, in his infinite...
Isn't University of Phoenix great?
  You are being ridiculous. These companies entered a secret agreement where they agreed to not poach each other's employees.Let me explain this to you in simple terms, since you seem to have a problem with the English language.I'm an engineer with Apple, with a certain skill level in a specific domain. I'm not looking for another job, but just like any other engineer in the valley my resume is on LinkedIn, because that's what we do. An Adobe recruiter is looking for...
I can't believe the stupidity of some of the comments. So you're all for the free market, except when it's inconvenient? The behavior of these companies is as monopolistic, anti-competitive and anti-American as it gets, they held back the salaries of the entire profession back during a period of explosive growth in order to maximize their profits, and they'd be getting away with barely a slap on the wrist! They need to be severely punished. Even a 2 billion fine would be...
Another excellent DED analysis, which unlike IDC's reports is backed by actual facts. Maybe IDC should be renamed IDK...