or Connect

Posts by LordJohnWhorfin

And they still won't let you download podcasts larger than 100MB over the cellular network. For ****'s sake, I have unlimited wireless and it's faster than my cable connection, why is Apple preventing me from doing what I want?
That little Costco spat has cost Apple a lot of business. You should see stuff flying off the palettes there. Back when they were selling iPods, a whole palette would disappear in under a week. Lots of people will only buy their tech from Costco, and if they only find a Samsung tablet there, that's what they'll buy. It's great that they were finally able to put this nonsense aside, and hopefully they will also carry the computers soon. At the very least, I would expect the...
Ah, Archos... The French Coby.
People still use Facebook?
Yes, and I posted about it on page 1...The case is flimsy and does not offer sufficient protection to the iPhone (it doesn't have a "lip" that raises slightly above the screen, for instance). The optional (and expensive) battery that attaches to the back of the case is great except that it barely gives the phone a 50% boost -- on a good day. I love the convenience of wireless charging and I'm currently using this case, but it does have a lot of flaws. It's fine if you get...
It's available again. I'm not crazy about the new interface (I don't see the point of using non-standard tabbing, for instance) but it's a considerable improvement over version 4.x. It's streamlined, more contrasted, less cluttered, and the font is more readable as well. So far, so good.
I've been using a Duracell Powermat case on my iPhone for several months. The Powermat mats and accessories were extremely expensive, but now it looks like it's all on fire sale on ebay. This is probably their last-ditch effort to stay relevant; the technology is sound, slightly better than Qi (it uses positioning magnets, a nice feature) -- but unlike Qi it's not built into any devices and cannot be added to any device without also adding bulk (Qi is built into Nexus 4...
I hope they kick out Number Guru, which slyly introduced an update that makes the app completely useless by requiring the user to watch ads before each number lookup.
Great, because all we need is more traffic in our horribly congested area.
It's the Palm Pilot of smart watches. Nothing revolutionary, but a very useful, well executed gadget at the right price point. It will eventually be overtaken by better, smarter products -- what isn't. But for now, I am quite certain it's the best smartwatch on the market by far.