or Connect

Posts by jouster

I'd buy an Apple version...... A tablet would be the perfect solution for taking notes during class, then organizing them later. I wish they'd hurry - only two semesters left
Hmm, then I'm not sure either. But it should be relatively simple to have your friend invite you to view using, say, Yahoo IM. It's a free install for both! Works reasonably well, too.
Never had a hard crash or kernel panic (and on a PB G3 too). However, system freezes after I sleep it with certain peripherals attached, which is pretty annoying. They are: USB 3.5" floppy (school requirement ;-) ) PowerMate Haven't tried with joystick, Flash USB drive, card reader. Seems fine with printer, camera. What happens is odd. The PB goes to sleep, but the LED does not flash. Pressing a key has no effect. Nor does pressing the power button. Only a hard...
Maybe drivers? I have a Logitech webcam (USB cos I don't have FW). I had to download drivers from Sourceforge, which cost, I think, $15. Well worth it, however - the webcam has been flawless since I got them. This was because Logitech didn't support the cam I got (I'm away from home and can't quite remember which it is - Pro something....) for OS X, which kinda sucked. If you have already got drivers, sorry for such a basic suggestion :-)
Best I can do is 153.9 Mflops on a 333Mhz PB G3 Bronze with 192 M RAM running 8.6.. [Hmmm] Can load the app into my PB 190 OS 7, but it won't run.... Pity, was looking forward to seeing the results.
There should be one..... The ability to lock/shift threads has gone to some heads.....
It seems that more and more threads are getting locked. Why not let them develop - just because they start out as similar to an already existing one, doesn't mean they will end up as such....... Future Hardware has, when I last checked, thirteen locked topics, some of which seem valid to me. Sometimes we don't want to trawl through a couple of hundred posts on a popular subject to post our response. Sure this doesn't affect me as I hardly ever post. I am interested in...
It seems that more and more threads are getting locked. Why not let them develop - just because they start out as similar to an already existing one, doesn't mean they will end up as such....... Future Hardware has, when I last checked, thirteen locked topics, some of which seem valid to me. Sometimes we don't want to trawl through a couple of hundred posts on a popular subject to post our response. Sure this doesn't affect me as I hardly ever post. I am interested in...
ProtoDada: ".....it started out, like other computers, beige and a box." Which "other" computers did you have in mind, when Apple started out?
Thanks, y'all.