or Connect

Posts by cherrypop

"Since there is no such model in existance, I suggest it's likely to be a fake Chinese knockoff. All the rest were above Apple Store prices." This is a phishing method in an effort to collect valid email addresses.
@sflocal, if you don't like the negative Apple comments here, steer clear of the Yahoo! Finance AAPL message board. Brutally ugly there. Having bought my first Mac in 1986, and stuck with Apple exclusively since then, I've seen all kinds of Apple-related doom and gloom. I have to say, however, it's never been this loud, this pervasive, and, frankly, so often tone-deaf. The criticisms of the iPad mini's display is an ideal example. Critics' cries that the display is...
"Apple stock hits $700 for first time" When? Your screenshot and the Yahoo AAPL quote page both show AAPL didn't break through $700 during trading today. The highest it got was $699.80. It's over $700 in after-hours trading, however. But that doesn't count ;-)
Two great tastes that go great together.
  Read my my solution, which I included with my original post.
One shareholder's perspective:   As some people here have pointed out, "over-crowded" stores do deter _some_ potential shoppers, and that's obviously not a good thing.     But crowded stores, in my humble opinion, do more to help Apple than hurt Apple.  In fact, I'm less concerned about over-crowding than I am about Apple stores that might eventually feel rather empty and huge.   My solution? Open more 6,000+/- sqft stores in markets where over-crowding is a...
Honestly? Did _you_ read it? It's hardly insightful, lazily written (IMHO), and so often trite that I found it very hard to get through. In good time, WI's effort will be roundly assessed to be an underachievement, given WI's unprecedented access to SJ while he was _alive_. What a blundered opportunity.
This is huge news. I'm in at much higher levels. I bought quite a while ago (I think about two years ago, without checking my portfolio), and this is the only solid - no pun intended - news to come out of the company since I've owned the stock. Where $LQMT goes from here, I have no idea, but today I am encouraged.
Same here, anantksundaram. I'm down substantially.Initially, I loved the idea and the rumored connection to Apple. It all added up to a decent gamble...but it's turned out to be rather confounding. It's not a clear-cut loser, yet the rumors don't seem to die off. On "wait and see" mode here. Can't bring myself to sell at a loss. Worse, I can't bring myself to average down, either. Stuck in limbo.
A lot of us tried...many, many times, but the handoff to ATT for eligibility verification timed out. Some people reported trying for hours. I, myself, tried off and on well over two dozen times while working on other projects.