or Connect

Posts by caliminius

Did I miss the announcement that Apple was bought out by Abercrombie and Fitch? Some Apple fans might be elitist snobs but I don't think that is who Apple is targeting.
You're deluding yourself if you don't think the iPod Nano and Shuffle were introduced to increase market share. You're right that iPod Nano isn't a cheaper version of the iPod Touch but only because your comparison is wrong. The Nano was the cheap version of the Classic. The iPad Mini was introduced to increase market share by providing an option for a more portable version. And Apple keeps the non retina iPad around as a cheap option just like it has begun doing with...
  I completely agree about the icons. Many of them are just atrocious, Newstand being the biggest offender. Whose 5-year-old kid created that design? Granted, the current empty wooden bookshelf icon is just as hideous. The white background icons look really bad. And yes, there doesn't seem to be any sort of common design language between the icons and many don't scream out anything regarding functionality. What do colored blobs have to do with Game Center (yes, I know the...
Ah, now i feel silly. Wish you could get an iPhone in that red.
Did anyone else notice that the iRadio page on apple.com shows iPhone 5 looking phones which the metal band in anodized red and blue colors?
Thus the accusations of price fixing. It takes away any point of shopping around because you know Apple will always have the lowest price. And since there's no particular convenience difference, it becomes moot who you buy from. Thus highly anticompetitive. Especially since Apple has made it inconvenient for anyone but themselves to sell content on their mobile devices. Price matching comes at the expense of profits.
  Didn't score well on reading comprehension, did you? They can sell to other resellers at lower prices but must immediately sell to Apple at that same price. Hence, "The clause precludes them from selling said content to other retailers for lower prices." It's not that complicated.   Maybe some pseudo-code would help:   applePrice = publisher.getApplePrice(); amazonPrice = publisher.getAmazonPrice();   if (applePrice > amazonPrice) {    applePrice = amazonPrice; }
  Actually, it says exactly that. The publisher could set prices differently for different resellers, but whatever the lowest price was always what Apple's price would be. It couldn't set a price of $13.99 for Apple and $10.99 for Amazon. If it tried to do that, the Apple price became $10.99. Although it could do the reverse, say set a price of $10.99 for Apple and $13.99 for Amazon.
  Nice backtracking there. You post a link to article that makes no mention of Amazon threatening to pull a publisher's books if they sign with Apple and when someone calls BS, your response is, "Well it doesn't matter whether they really did or not." Typical AppleInsider comment. Why bother with facts when you can just make shit up?
That would assume the vast majority of iPhone buyers are elistic pricks. Despite the high preponderous of such people on this site, I don't think most of the purchasing public is like that. I see plenty of women walking around with iPhones in cases with bunny ears and bedazzled to the point the phone won't lie flat. I doubt they're going to be put off if the next iPhone comes in pink, red or neon green. In fact, I think it might increase sales on the high end as people...