or Connect

Posts by caliminius

Yes, it ranks up there with crap names like OS X and iPad.
Oh please, we both know that is actually bullshit. I know you're not that stupid. It might be technically true, but that is due to the outrageous loopholes in the tax code. Apple has their IP held by a company in Ireland that exists only on paper so that it can claim less profits in the US because of IP royalties paid to the Ireland based shell company (which is getting taxed a whopping 2% by the Irish government). They are paying nowhere 35% on US profits or elsewhere in...
  How exactly are these attacks "unwarranted" in your mind? Apple is using creative loopholes to avoid paying billions in taxes to the federal government. The only way I could argue that they are unwarranted is that the other companies using the same or similar tactics should be getting hammered on this too. Apple's unpaid taxes alone could fund several of the social programs that conservatives are itching to cut.    I'm not going to feel sorry for Apple because one of...
I realize many of your posts are pretty low brow but this one is moronic. Forced to have Kinect plugged? It's an integral part of the control scheme. Just like how Apple forces iPad owners to use the touchscreen. And when it comes to the mythical apple produced TV, damn near everyone here is saying they should use Siri which is halfway to the Kinect forced usage you're bitching about.Forced to have an Internet connection? The device is mostly pointless without one so who...
Funny, because $4.99 for 24 oz isn't better than $3.99 for 20 oz.I know it's SOP here to sh1t on Google, but the concept of privacy has already been pretty well undone by the camera phone. It takes about 2 seconds to throw an iPhone into a video recording mode and easy enough to walk around recording unnoticed. Contrast with the currently obvious nature of Google Glass, it would be a lot easier to notice that you might want to ensure the person isn't recording you than the...
double post
Yes, because all gay people do is f**k and think about who they're going to f**k next. Prejudiced much or just a prick?
What are the two of you smoking? What does Google have to do with Apple's lack of a monopoly on digital media? (I mean of course besides just your hatred of Google.)Apple has only had anything resembling a monopoly on digital media in regards to music and even then for a very long time CD sales continued to outstrip Apple. Apple never had a monopoly on digital distribution of movies or TV. The studios made sure of that after seeing the huge amount of control Apple wielded...
It's the combination of "we" and "all" that was my point not simply "we" by itself. It would be a weird thing for Jobs to say if he were just referring to Apple and HC. The phrase "we all" implies more than two. If it were in reference to just the two companies, it would have been more natural to just say "we" or "we both" but that's not what he said.
  If they'd bought that plaque from Apple, it would have been $12.99...   I think the important thing in the email isn't the discussion of price, it's the repeated use of "we all" in the text: "...we'll all fail.", "...we can all...". It sort of blows away the concept that Apple was negotiating in a vacuum with the book publishers. And that was part of Apple's claim, that they negotiated individually with the book publishers. They all knew what Apple was doing. Couple...