or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by caliminius

Short memory? Apple DID bring iTunes to Windows. I doubt we'd be having a conversation right now if Apple hadn't made that move. Or if we were, it would be on Microsoft fan site and you'd be pining for the good old days when Apple still existed. And how well do you think the iPhone would have done if Apple had restricted it to only Macs?
  You do realize that web pages can check to see whether an app is installed already on an iOS device? So if Apple feels that ability is okay for a web page, what bullshit security risk are you going to come up with that would force Apple to remove the feature? I'm guessing you really don't have one but you hate the idea that this feature gives some advantage to Google thus you want it taken it away. It would honestly be helpful if your arguments were based on something...
That's kind of nonsense. If you use the software and create a movie, it's NOT inaccessible. If you use photoshop and produce some piece of art, that's not going away. If you actually finish something with these tools, it's going to come out in a format that isn't locked to Adobe software. The only thing will be inaccessible is the intermediary pieces of your final output.
I bought an iPad w/retina display and I have to say it's really painful switching back to using the seemingly tiny screen on my iPhone 4S. It really reminds me of that jab Jobs made about 7" tablet users having to file their fingers; that's how i feel trying to press the tiny iphone buttons now! Despite the size I'd consider ditching the iPhone completely if the iPad could make phone calls.
  And my iPhone 4S slipped out of my coat pocket and fell about 3 feet onto concrete. Both the front and back glass were cracked. I'm sure if you look you can find someone that ran over their iPhone with a car and didn't have a scratch. I'm also sure you can find someone else who dropped theirs three inches and ended up with a cracked screen.   Personal anecdotes don't say anything about the real durability of a phone.
  I think its better than the 50 shades of grey Apple's iOS/OS X are sporting...
  There's still something linking that number with you. Google probably uses some sort of generated key to store voice clips too. Perhaps it's whatever key your Google account already has but it really doesn't matter. Honestly, there's really no difference between how these 2 companies are storing the data except that as someone pointed out, Google gives you an explicit way to actually completely sever that link.
    Did both of you fail to notice that that this article never mentions where that ad money was actually spent? Android has 25%, which is guaranteed to be 25% that is NOT going to Apple. That leaves the other 75% of mobile ad spending. Do you honestly think iAds is getting 75% of all mobile ad spending? If so, you're delusional (especially since the article states they're still third in mobile advertising). The fact is Google doesn't really care which platform...
  Why? How is that any different than Electronic Arts advertising an iOS game? The whole notion of the App Store being a "meritocracy" is kind of a farce. Companies that can afford to advertise are going to have better sales than those that can't. Especially companies like EA that can just take on an iOS icon for games that are being released on multiple platforms. No different than Adobe advertising iPad versions of apps, etc.
  I've always found these sorts of comments idiotic. What's just about the first thing most people do with their iPhone? Slap it in case where you might see bits and pieces of the original phone peeking out. However slick or beautiful it might be, it doesn't really matter since you're basically hiding it anyhow. 
New Posts  All Forums: