or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

Winter.     I spent 10 years procrastinating about getting a new Mac after my PowerMac clone.   I worried about the iMac's screen.  I needn't have.   Skylake is the ideal jumping on point with new ports and tech' galore.   Get the entry or 2nd up entry model with decent built in graphics if budget is an issue.   You'll be well served by it.  My Core 2 Duo lasted 5 years before I sold it my cousin and the screen is still going strong.   Now have the i7/nv 680...
...and they should count iPad sales.  The iPad Air 2 is as fast as hell and is 9 out of ten for most common computing needs.   Can't wait for the iPad '+' with iPen.   Should be fantastic.   Lemon Bon Bon.
Haven't Macs hit 100 million installed user base by now?   5 million sales per quarter.  I remember when it was less than 1 million. :o   The Mac train just keeps going.  Looking forward to some GPUs that can really drive that 5k iMac display in gaming.  Maybe with the next process shrink for GPUs sometime in 2016?   iMac 5k.  I'll get one.  Maybe next year when Skylake, gpus, SDDs and memory have settled along true 'next gen' lines.   As for Apple.  I think...
Perhaps, yes.  It's caught up somewhat.  For years it seemed to be on Open GL 2.0+  But it's 4.+ at the moment?  But still performing behind windows?  50%+ on the same hardware? With ten times greater draw and 50% graphics boost (and efficiencies at 40%) it should wipe out that disparity which has become a real thorn in the 'Graphical' computer's side.  No more irony.  More performance.  I was always surprised that Apple couldn't match Window's GL version.  But I guess...
http://blog.gameagent.com/wwdc-2015-why-metal-for-mac-os-x-is-a-big-deal-for-mac-gaming/ Check out the link to Aspyr. They seem very excited and enthusiastic about the new api. For me, Metal was the best thing about the keynote. Though not realistic. (Some people don't like cartoony games...) I was very impressed by the Epic demo. That's some slick graphical action there with a lot happening on screen. 50% gaming boost and 10x draw boost along with the...
http://blog.gameagent.com/wwdc-2015-why-metal-for-mac-os-x-is-a-big-deal-for-mac-gaming/   I'm wondering if this Metal api/tech' can make a Mac Mini a much more viable gaming platform.  eg.  With the much boosted Skylake Int' GPU?   ...and surely you'd be able to hook one up to a 4k monitor as well?  And by then, a quad core option back on the table?  That and an SSD in there and it's a corking little prospect.   Same for the iMac.  Well, the 'Mac' in general.  50%...
http://blog.gameagent.com/wwdc-2015-why-metal-for-mac-os-x-is-a-big-deal-for-mac-gaming/   Lemon Bon Bon.
Good point.  Let's hope so.  Looking game on for it...with the 'support list' of companies behind Craig in the keynote. Macs are selling 5 million+ a quarter, 20 million-ish a year.  The installed base must be close to 100 million by now. That should guarantee adoption for Metal, especially if they want to be on the Mac or iOS store... Lemon Bon Bon.
9 months, tops.  Jan' 2016 at the latest to see some evidence of Skylake. It should make for some kick-ass Macs.  From the Macbook to the iMac.  There's going to be a magnitude change from GPU, CPU, RAM, SSD. Add in Metal to drive a stake through 'mediocre' Open GL performance to further turbo boost pro apps, games and the OSX itself. The rate iOS is developing also...it won't be long before an A9 or A10 powered iPad is throwing around games on a 4K tv.  (Might need some...
...but there's only one game for me.  City of Heroes.   I miss it terribly.  :/   Lemon Bon Bon.