or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

My only rationalisation of the 5c price is that when Apple intro's the 5+ or '6' with a 4.8-ish screen, the 5c will be 'old' enough in spec similar to the 4s idea in the current £350 bracket.   The 5S may go middle ground £450.   ...and the + model at £540.   Something like that.     You'd have a phone and a price for most people that way.   2014.  Will be more interesting for me, I think...re: iPhone.  I'd like a slightly bigger and wider screen rather than get...
 Good call, Mac Ronin. Think we need an entry model for the mortals.  Think you've got he specs about right.  256 gig SSD would be better though.  They're not expensive now... It's not like they'd be including the 27 inch monitor in the iMac.  So the cost of not including that would off set the extra gpu...and the Xeon cpu.  They'll save in materials and shipping.  That should help offset the cost of the entry Xeon/Cpu. Can't wait for the Pro.  And I say that as the owner...
As for the share price.  *shrugs.   Lemon Bon Bon.
We'll see.   But at £465.  It's nearly £500 for last year's phone in plastic.  Audacious.  Hubris.  Greedy.     Short sighted.   Lemon Bon Bon.
  I'm thinking 2014 (gut feeling) will be the year we see 4k monitors and even better gpus for the iMac/Mac Pro etc.   It's been a 'so-so' year re: cpu improvements.  iGPU is showing rapid improvement on Intel's side (how could it not? :P )   The Mac Pro will kick arse when it launches.  It's the must watch update desktop side.   Nothing will steal it's thunder short of a 4K iMac with Hex core.  Don't see that happening.   Thought the current high end BTO iMac is a...
  Getting Crisis 3 to play at all on iGP is pretty incredible when you think about it.  Wasn't that long ago Crisis brought even dual GPUs to their knees.   So I take the youtube link impressively.   So it's in the 650 ball park. But with the 750M to come...   Well, although crap for years, Intel intel crappics are finally catching up.  (They couldn't stay crap forever, eh?)     How far are AMD ahead in iGPU?   And with 'Rogue' probably in the forthcoming iDevices...Apple...
*shudders at the thought of it.   Lemon Bon Bon.
  We know Apple has tasked Intel with building a custom GPU for them?   We do?   *looks puzzled?  What we talking about?  Custom integrated crappics?  (Though iGPU is less 'crap' than it used to be...)   Lemon Bon Bon.
But I'm obviously keen to see how the Mac Pro plays out...   Lemon Bon Bon.
  It's clearly not going to be more accessible now they're removed the DVD drive.  And they'll eliminate the HD platter next.   Why would you want to get inside?   8 gigs of ram is more than plenty for a base model.  The upper tiers are easy to upgrade ram wise.   External SSDs and the move of the Mac Pro to make storage external also counter the need to access the internals.   Apple sell, basically when all is said and done, AIO kit.   The iMac is just a more powerful...