or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

As for FCPX?   People struggle with change.   As for the new Pro?   People struggle with change.   I remember people whining about the iMac Bondi without floppy, the iPod, OS X etc.     Apple are still here.  Still challenging and being challenging.   I'll give them that.  That's why I buy their kit and they have the best OS in the business.   Lemon Bon Bon.
I'm with Wizard on this one.   They left the Mac Pro to languish on the vine.  You can certainly take the view above.  Sure.   But in four years, how did Apple make the Pro more attractive?   A price cut?   Up the ram?   Bigger hard drive?   Better GPU?   All things within their control.     They could have even created a 'Pro' line based  upon the i7 processors and SLI'd the gpu  (ironic...) and given the range a price cut to get it back...
The 4k 'revolution' or ultra HD may FINALLY get things moving again re: monitor tech'.   I'm wondering if you even need a monitor if you can have a 4k tv?  Would that be able to serve as a computer monitor?   4k.  I'd love for the next iMac to be that.  I'm not sure we'll see it this year?   Though 4k panels for an iMac and a Pro monitor...would get the price down..?   Maybe 2014?  For pricing to drop?   Lemon Bon Bon.
  No kidding...   Lemon Bon Bon.
Mavericks looks to be shaping up to being a 'Snow Leopard' style release?   Lemon Bon Bon.
  Neglect.  Wasn't it Jobs that once said that Apple lost sight of their crown jewels once upon a time?     I hope Mavericks reverses this apparent trend.  GPU support and Open GL has seemed weak to me over the years compared to Windows GPUs and drivers be they GL or Direct X.  Certainly a well rounded on perception of 'lagging' GL development by many, many commentators and critics...   Lemon Bon Bon.
  Open GL.   I'm glad Apple finally seems to be taking the format they support seriously with Mavericks.   4.1?  Full support.  4.2 in play...and 4.3 pending?   Whispers from around the net hint at graphical/system response being much faster.   Hopefully this will mean gpu performance vs PC gpu performance will finally see parity????   Not the 50-100% less (which always struck me as ridiculous...to say that Apple supported the only equivalent standard to Direct X on the...
I can plug in a couple of SSD external drives or a couple of 2 TB platter drives externally to my iMac should I ever need that storage.  I don't see the problem.   The DVD external sits there.  It's not a bundle of wires.  it's just one.  I guess I could plug in a Pegasus box...if I wanted?  Hard drives are getting bigger and faster all the time.  In a few years SSDs...we'll wonder how we ever lived without one...and the speeds will be incredible starting with the...
  It's a paradigm shift.     And, as always, it's pain.  Pain for upgrading.  Pain for those who can't get their head around it.  It's emotional.  It's new.  It's challenging.   It's what Apple's doing.  It makes sense.  It's Apple's way...or the highway.   But computing boxes are getting smaller.  Whether that's iPhone, iPad or iMac or Mac Pro...or laptops.   They're all smaller.  Thinner.  More powerful than ever before.   We don't need honking big boxes anymore....
The 'Rogue' gpu is going to kick some serious ass going forwards.   That's Apple's 'ATV' console entry right there.   Rogue iPhone and ATV3 is a nice 'casual mainstream' gamer console.   Once you get that kind of gpu power into iPads and iPhones...and an ATV with an SDK/App store going down...   What is it?  1 teraflops for the Rogue in some core counts?   That's surely not true?   With that kind of power...the next A8 and A9 processors are going...