or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

http://blog.gameagent.com/wwdc-2015-why-metal-for-mac-os-x-is-a-big-deal-for-mac-gaming/   I'm wondering if this Metal api/tech' can make a Mac Mini a much more viable gaming platform.  eg.  With the much boosted Skylake Int' GPU?   ...and surely you'd be able to hook one up to a 4k monitor as well?  And by then, a quad core option back on the table?  That and an SSD in there and it's a corking little prospect.   Same for the iMac.  Well, the 'Mac' in general.  50%...
http://blog.gameagent.com/wwdc-2015-why-metal-for-mac-os-x-is-a-big-deal-for-mac-gaming/   Lemon Bon Bon.
Good point.  Let's hope so.  Looking game on for it...with the 'support list' of companies behind Craig in the keynote. Macs are selling 5 million+ a quarter, 20 million-ish a year.  The installed base must be close to 100 million by now. That should guarantee adoption for Metal, especially if they want to be on the Mac or iOS store... Lemon Bon Bon.
9 months, tops.  Jan' 2016 at the latest to see some evidence of Skylake. It should make for some kick-ass Macs.  From the Macbook to the iMac.  There's going to be a magnitude change from GPU, CPU, RAM, SSD. Add in Metal to drive a stake through 'mediocre' Open GL performance to further turbo boost pro apps, games and the OSX itself. The rate iOS is developing also...it won't be long before an A9 or A10 powered iPad is throwing around games on a 4K tv.  (Might need some...
...but there's only one game for me.  City of Heroes.   I miss it terribly.  :/   Lemon Bon Bon.
Mac gaming kind of arrived a while back with Half Life 2 and Valve's Steam.  With a 100 million user base, Mac gaming is going to undergo quite the PR transformation.   4k monitors are on the horizon for mass adoption.  By the time they are, I suspect even mainstream Mac GPUs should be able to handle 25-30fps.   Lemon Bon Bon.
Correct.  True.  Agreed. Metal for Mac is an exciting development too.  It should hoover up some of that 'open gl' disparity in terms of performance between Windows and Mac gaming.  Largely bypassing 'GL' and going more direct to the gpu.  50% more general performance is nothing to sniffed at.  40% greater efficiency.  10x greater gaming 'draw' performance is outstanding.  Be interesting to see which developers take 'Metal' up.  If EVEN Adobe can this for Illustrator and...
Hmm.  Now there's a thought... Lemon Bon Bon.
...and those GPU increases are coming along as well.     4k streaming at 120fps for a mobile phone/tablet?  This is when TVs are only just going 4k and monitors are only just going 4k with 60 fps for casual viewers and content creators?   Lemon Bon Bon.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2879037/arm-launches-cortex-a-72-platform-powering-flagship-smartphones-in-2016.html   All eyes maybe on Skylake...   However, the next Arm onslaught is being 'quietly' ushered in?  3.5 times performance increase and a significant power savings brought to the table.   In terms of closing the gap with intel, what does this mean for iOS and potential Mac (A series CPU)  design.   What will the Geekbench score be?   Lemon Bon Bon.