or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

Why, thank you, Phil. ;) Lemon Bon Bon. 
Seeing as you have a box of tissues, I guess you'll have more use out of them than me.  Apple kit is sexy, afterall... I have the flagship iMac, you burk.  Two iPhones.  One iPad.  Two previous Power Macs...plenty of Apple software, Adobe suite...etc etc. Dell blah, blah.  Try something new. Just because I like Apple kit doesn't mean I can't be critical of their cool aid on desktop prices. Badge of honour to all of those who love paying more for less on each round of iMac...
...given sliding desktop sales.   Just make desktop an apple box or cylinder that you can spec.   Saves on expensive Imac production...or mini indifference.   Let the Apple customer decide.  Be great for switchers too.   Lemon Bon Bon.
I have a flag ship iMac.  £2400 (put that into dollars folks...) Still covet a Mac Pro with a retina display.  Even as good as this display is...and it IS a good display!!!!....I'd love retina.  It's hard to go back after an iPad retina. I think they've nailed it with the Mac Pro.  Cheap to assemble design? The one problem with it...it begs the question, why bother with boutique designs like the iMac and Mini when the Pro is all of those things if you merely plug it into a...
As for polite.  Why not? ;)   I do enjoy your hack and slay posts when people post stuff that reaches.   Lemon Bon Bon.
All I know, is that Apple used to sell the entry iMac at £595.  £695.  £799.  Then 999 inc vat after the '2008' disaster economy... then it was...£1045 (still with rust platters...and no DVD but we'll charge you £60 extra for it...) and then £1145 inc VAT. What happened to the iMac being for the iMasses?  The consumer king desktop computer.  Sure, they had the ridiculously priced 'Special Edition' back then...but...  Point being, they drove it down from it's launch price...
Apple have tried to pad their margins with the 5C in my view.  £465 is it?     Lop one hundred off and you're talking for a 'year old' phone.  If they can make the 4S at £350 then Apple CAN make a £350 phone.   It would fly at those prices.  And take the fight to Android and still make a decent profit.   There just isn't enough difference to not warrant going for the extra for the 5S which is a far superior product.   Lemon Bon Bon.
Apple once sold the iMac for £595 here in the UK.  inc VAT.   Even that wasn't as 'cheap' as some desktops are now at £399.   It shows Apple can make quality products at lower prices.   Now that they have the volume...it seems more about Shareholders than Customers in some ways.   Lemon Bon Bon.
And at £350, I don't think that's 'cheap' either.   The iPod Touch doesn't look 'cheap' does it?  ANd what price does it start at?   What price did the original iPod start at?   Lemon Bon Bon.
I don't mind plastic.  It's quality plastic.  It is a quality product.   Logically, they'd can the iPod Touch and just add a phone receiver and price it for another £100 at the low end and another £150-ish at the high end.  Children and teens would have a great phone...in alu colours.  The 5C is in some ways bemusing.   The iPod touch is the best designed mobile product they have.  It's slim, beautiful and trumps even the 5S design.  The Touch is light and curved alu...