or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

Display tech' has been pretty lethargic for some time. Getting some retina tech into the iPad 3 (a 1st buy for me...) and a Mac Book makes sense. It builds on Apple's tablet momentum and delivers retina tech' to the Mac line to further that platform's momentum. As a creative type, having a 'retina' display on a Mac excites me most. However, a retina display on an iMac may be further out than the laptops perhaps? I remember when Apple first delivered the...
As an aside, I bought my Mum the 2001 'hello moto' Power PC 'plastic' tower. 450 mhz. Wow. Seemed so fast in the day. Now? It's a turtle. I bought it for her a year and half a go. It was her first Mac. She has a 'computer.' A Mac. Compared to the latter day Mini? It's a huge piece of slow junk. So much for the much lauded 'altivec' engine, eh? Even the iPad can beat the snot out of it... Time has a way of making us all irrelevant. Especially the...
Well, well... ...looks like a 'leak' from Apple P.R prepping us for a 'dinosaur-less' future. Pity (always liked the Mac Pro...) ? A little...but not so much. It's been on the cards for some time. Apple's moving mainstream whether die hards like it or not. iMac. iPods. iPhones. iPads... All plenty powerful for the mainstream consumer whether for Image or Word Processing, Emailing, video work. The tower's had this coming for some time. It's 'huuuuuge' design, it's...
I'd add...with the iOS and retina displays that Apple may, at some point in the future...sweep away even the mighty Mac. Not any time 'soon.' The airs, iMacs are good for another 'few' years of updates... Lemon Bon Bon.
Well, well... ...looks like a 'leak' from Apple P.R prepping us for a 'dinosaur-less' future. Pity (always liked the Mac Pro...) ? A little...but not so much. It's been on the cards for some time. Apple's moving mainstream whether die hards like it or not. iMac. iPods. iPhones. iPads... All plenty powerful for the mainstream consumer whether for Image or Word Processing, Emailing, video work. The tower's had this coming for some time. It's...
*nods, Yoda like. 'Mmm...' Lemon Bon Bon.
Give this guy a cigar. Apple have already ported certain ideas from iOS into Lion. Apple are betting the farm on the iOS platform/iPhone/iPad. It's where the future is. I can easily see there being no Mac OS 11. It will probably be iOS! (With the Mac finder drop kicked by then...) I'm sure Apple will find ways to take the power tools into iOS and 'iOS' them. Didn't they hire a few ex-BeOS file engineers a while back? I wonder if they were working on a new file system...
Some good posts, Dick. I noted the earlier post when someone noted Arm starting life out on the Acorn computers. Yes. Desktop computers. It pretty much kicked the snot out of Amiga and PC computers back then. It was very, very fast. The stuff in the iPad 2. A 'second gen' chip...is what? 'Four' times faster? Twice as fast? Take your pick. It's significant. Try to imagine that evolution to 2013. The gpu power is 9 times faster now? Imagine PVR in 2013? It's...
...AND it has Thunderbolt. I wonder what the possibilities are for the iMac now... Lemon Bon Bon.
The new iMacs aren't bad at all. But some of the things on them are a couple of years over due. eg a decent GPU at all price points. Quad core at all price points. This could have been done last year at least. (If not the year before. Quad core had been out ages at all prices points for years on the PC side...) But they clung to death to that Core 2 duo. The 6970...with a 2 gig GPU option? *Are my eyes deceiving me? Mind you, it's not like on the PC side that 2 gig...