or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

Sounds like Marv' is on the money. The Mac Pro should be one hell of an update. (Wonder if they'll get better gpus than the iMac?) A redesign and a price drop wouldn't go amiss. I remember the days when these boards used to be all about the next 'Power Mac' update. Mind you, back then...who would have dreamed of dual 8 cores with 32 threads...and a gpu running a display at 2500 x 1400? Mini. They'll finally have an i5 in them? And what about a 6970? And a price cut...
Interesting idea, Marv'... Maybe after 8 years...Apple is set to reinvent the tower...(maybe they'll reinvent their prices while their at it...) Lemon Bon Bon.
Apparently, Nvidia are 'evaluating' the external GPU market for laptops. I guess that would include the likes of the iMac and Mac Mini as well. No firm plans as yet. Imagine being able to buy the latest hot (heh) Nvidia gpu and plug it into a thunderbolt iMac or laptop? Lemon Bon Bon.
There is if you waited ten years for it. As for shipping what Intel or other companies have to offer. A comment dripping with irony. Apple could have had quad cores across the board in the imac range. They're cheap enough. They could ship better gpus but they don't. They could make a more affordable tower but they don't. There are cheaper and more affordable cpus and gpus than the ones they choose. They could offer more choice. But they don't. Apple. Does a lot of...
The iMac is imminent by the sounds of it. Always nice to see them get an update. A couple of weeks tops? I just see an evolutionary spec bump. Thunderbolt will be nice. But until there's 6-8 cores, 8 gigs of ram standard and a decent GPU that can throw around the 27 inch resolution? Doubt we'll see 6-8 cores on an iMac until next year. And I expect this year's gpu to underwhelm as it has done for the last several revisions. *Shrugs. It will be 'nice.' ...
The ATV, iPod, iPad, iPhone love 'triangle' is going to make interesting viewing over the next couple of years. I just see a juggernaut that is going to stream roller traditional notions of electronics, gadjets and media integration. Exciting times. Lemon Bon Bon.
...and the ATV is dirt cheap for an Apple product. That an an iPod and you can a nice casual gaming set up to rival the Wii or a 'still played' PS2. With the value added Apple eco system, compelling choice! Then there's the iPad 2 where games aren't even built from the ground up for it yet. But the initial results of quick optimisations show much promise. Lemon Bon Bon.
How long before the iPhone, iPod and ATV get the A5 and the new '9 x faster' gpu chip? It would be great to have an ATV app store along with the iPod and iPhone. If they all run on the A5 sooner or later...they're essentially the same thing? A game you have on your iPad is on your ATV. The iPod becomes the wireless controller for the ATV? The ATV could be a neat little console in that context with the power of a PSII/Wii. And many people have found their graphical...
Agree completely. I have a dual core 3 gig, 8800GS 24 inch iMac. It's very nice. It's a work of art. But I'd happily sell/trade it in against the forthcoming revision. Think I can wait until iMacs go six core with a much better gpu and stick in an internal SD drive. That would be my dream iMac at the moment. But the rumoured iMac sounds like it will be a very nice revision. Lemon Bon Bon.
[QUOTE The longer updates take to the pro line, the more expensive it is, the more that hardware becomes externalised and the faster, cheaper, smaller everything else gets, it just nudges the Mac Pro ever closer to the grave. The Mac Pro mainly just offers expansion and Thunderbolt will kill that need. If you get a 6-core i7 iMac with a 256GB internal SSD, a decent GPU, connected to a fast RAID and capture device and multiple displays with one cable what does a Mac...