or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

Agree completely. I have a dual core 3 gig, 8800GS 24 inch iMac. It's very nice. It's a work of art. But I'd happily sell/trade it in against the forthcoming revision. Think I can wait until iMacs go six core with a much better gpu and stick in an internal SD drive. That would be my dream iMac at the moment. But the rumoured iMac sounds like it will be a very nice revision. Lemon Bon Bon.
[QUOTE The longer updates take to the pro line, the more expensive it is, the more that hardware becomes externalised and the faster, cheaper, smaller everything else gets, it just nudges the Mac Pro ever closer to the grave. The Mac Pro mainly just offers expansion and Thunderbolt will kill that need. If you get a 6-core i7 iMac with a 256GB internal SSD, a decent GPU, connected to a fast RAID and capture device and multiple displays with one cable what does a Mac...
The new iPad 2 is console class. Easily looks Wii or PS2 quality or better to me. Maybe more. Whether the iPad 2 has PS3 quality graphics is no more an argument than comparing a Wii's graphics to the PS3. It's gpu power easily hangs with a PS2 minimum. And is no doubt looking down it's sights to PS3/360 quality graphics with it's next iteration with a retina display probably. It's a console that you can play in your hands with a screen integrated. You can play it...
Yeah. The Pro's/tower's relative importance to Apple along with Adobe and MS's has greatly diminished. Remember the days when MS or Adobe purportedly held an 'axe' over Apple's head? Heh. Payback is a bitch. It's still a handsome machine. But the entry spec, the gpu...the COUGH(!) price? No mortal is going to pay that. The iMac now occupies the Pro's historical ground in the mid range. I can see the iMac encroaching even further on the Mac Pro's territory in...
That's an interesting call...in time for Lion? iPad is March. iPhone 5 is June. Guess it's April, May or July. Lemon Bon Bon.
I care about iMacs. I have one. Very serene machine. SSDs? Very expensive. They'll be mainstream one day. Be nice to have one in the iMac. But given insane prices? Unless the prices are sane 'most' people will opt for HD drives. Not rocket science that. But Apple are doing a relatively decent job of bringing solid state to the mainstream. iMac? Faster quad cores. Across the whole line. Better dedicated GPU...and a price cut. The latter won't...
Yeah. What Marv' said. Interesting about his Thunderbolt plug in idea...for GPUs. If Apple are selling 4 million Macs per quarter and 1 million of those are desktops and 750K per quarter are iMacs...that leaves a very potent market for AMD/Nvidia to sell a Thunderbolt based external gpu? It gives (finally) some room for iMacs to be upgraded beyond point of sale. I think the next iMac upgrade and gpu bump (please Apple, not another side grade GPU...) will probably see...
Can of worms. I'll happily chew on one of the worms though... Er... It's overpriced. Outrageously so for a tower. The entry model at least a thousand pounds more expensive than the independent PC seller equivalent. Modest quad core performance with a laughable GPU for an eye watering starting price of £2K? I gave up the ghost and got an iMac (it was the top of the range model from a year ago when I bought it...). It cost me £1200. I got a lovely 24 inch screen. A core...
I'd like the Cube...but it looks like the 'mini' is it. Unfortunately... Lemon Bon Bon.
I think the lamp Mac boat has sailed. I was fond of it's design. But it's boutique, space age design looks aged compared to the classy elegance of the current iMac. Let's face it. Apple's keeping the mini, evolving the iMac (probably into some bendy/dockable touch variant in the future...who knows..) And the Pro? Will probably stay as it is. Overpriced and with the current design. For a dinosaur tower design? As good as it gets. Bar the crap gpus and quad...