or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

As for what the Mini means for the next iMac update. I shudder to think as a UK customer. What with the mini formerly being a sub 400£ computer to a £695 one. The iMac has gone from being a £695 computer with integrated crappics to a £995 one. That's a £300 hike. Put that in yer US dollars. With Apple still clinging to dear life to those crappy core duos that are ancient. ie from my iMac. Y'know. The one that is now a two year old computer? What I'd like to see...
Sounds like you're not convinced the iMac really is all that 'cool'. Silly? You started it. Dave, you're dismissed from class. Because you're saying xyz. And it doesn't really mean anything. 'Facts'. Sounds like things are only facts if you say they are.I know my iMac gets hot on the top left corner (as I face it...) because my hand gets 'ouchy' when I touch it under load playing an old game. To me this is a fact. Nothing you say is a fact to me. But seeing as...
Heh. I love the OS and design. Otherwise I wouldn't be Apple Man. But. Yeah. That was kind of my point. Not only would it be 'everyone else's' computer, the specs also wouldn't stack up. Because Apple's specs, minus the OS and design are bordering on the ridiculous. eg paying £1500 to get access to quad core tech' and charging through the nose for a 'Duo' cpu? Pathetic. £650 for a mini that ONLY has 2 gigs of ram? Ram is NOTHING! Apple still, STILL hosing...
Apple. Use the desktop 6 core AMD processors. Cut the price in two. Watch the Towers walk out the store with an army of Apple loving ants. Lemon Bon Bon.
A thoughtful post, Marv'. A streaming plug. All the TV content can be Apps. Regular rules apply. iPhone/iPod/iPad the TV care of a little streaming brick. All synced. Content is allowed on upto 5 devices, right? Mac. iPhone. iPod. iPad. iTV (heh) 'ATV'. I count five. So you can play your app games on the tv care of your itouch pad/phone/pod sep' apple 'pad' controller. All ATV (new version) is doing, is like Marv' says, streaming stuff around. Networks are getting...
How pompous. 'Only be allowed...?' I think you're losing it Dave. How about I cellotape your face to the top of my iMac while I play Half Life 2? I give you a few minutes before you cry uncle. Lemon Bon Bon.
Not aware? Then you can't have one.I have one. Anything which involves breaking a sweat eg playing Half Life 2 (an old game by the way...) and the top part of the frame gets uncomfortably hot, yes, hot, not warm, hot to the touch.It's warm at the top as standard. But crank her up? Ouch time.They need a better cooling system.Lemon Bon Bon.
Amen brothers.You know. The same people who argue that Apple is right to charge these insane prices by using premium parts in the pro circumnavigate the argument for coming over to Intel in the first place. Performance. Yes. Choice. Yes. Competitive prices. Yes.So, how many of these have Apple addressed?AMD have six core computers over on overclockers.co.uk NOW!Where is Apple? Behind. Fact.What is Apple doing? Charging 2K for last years tech'. Fact.Apple are...
100% with you, Marv' again. I was being somewhat facetious and tongue in cheek (me?) with the price example. But history tells us the 'cranked' (the only word I can use) the UK price up to nearly £2k from £1500. Expect anything. And they yanked the dual processor as standard sometime back. Artificial pricing? Apple? Brah-hahahhahahahahahahah. No kidding. What do you call the prices on iMac, Mac Mini and the Pro? All machines with between 50-100% mark ups. We can...
Well, Programmer, I hope they are going to SURPRISE me! I won't promise to sell pleasure myself if they do. Lemon Bon Bon.