or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

It's all about the iPad 3 and iPhone 5. They'll smash the competition. Apple's taking off... Lemon Bon Bon.
The gravitational pull is towards iOS, phones, tablets and laptops. Apple's a pretty conservative company in some respects. ...in that the desktop strategy hasn't changed in years and won't no matter how much we wish...wishing won't make it so. I wouldn't rule out a slimmed down tower. But towers are so yesterday. In the scale of things, the Mac Pro is virtually 'hobby' territory if you were to compare its sales to the Apple TV. Take most of Apple's mobile business...
Stunning post. Lemon Bon Bon.
You're right about the GL drivers, though. They suck. Seeing as they back this 'open' standard, you'd think they'd want it to perform better. It's been a while since I've seen any Mac vs Windows GL benches. Last time I checked it was a 100% difference on the same card. :O Maybe they should hire some Nv'/Ati engineers. Lemon Bon Bon.
Mere semantics. The 'pro' is an overpriced dinosaur with a greedy price and underperformance with poor value. 'Workstation.' What does mean, exactly? Apple always sold towers. G3, G4, G5, all of which the iMac pounds into the sand. And the current entry model? More than humbled by the current top end iMac. ...and yes, the 'dinosaur' may yet become a mammal. (Looks at the Mac Mini...*) Maybe the 'mini' is 'it.' Lemon Bon Bon.
The iMac. Heir apparent to the 'workstation' title held by the Mac 'Pro.' Is Ivy going to give us that much more cpu oomph? Will Apple put in a gpu option that can out perform the current high end one which is pretty impressive in something 2 inches thick? What about the retina screen? Can we seriously have something like that in a Mac? (Maybe not outside of an iPad 3 this soon...) Will we have even bigger screen sizes? Will it be more of the 'same?'...
I don't find any thing restrictive about using an iMac. I'll look forward to the line getting more than 4 cores in the following years and even better mobile GPUS. The current top of the line spanks the current entry Mac Pro. Far more of a 'workstation' than it is. That's the thing with semantics, eh? I think the Mac Pro should come in 3 flavours from £1000 to £1500 to £2000. Even at that...with the monitor, it would STILL be pricey. Apple's big sellers are Laptops...
Astonishing. Lemon Bon Bon.
5.2 million Macs? That's over 20 million a year. When does the userbase crack 100 million Macs? It's game on..? Lemon Bon Bon.
Smash Volley. What's that? Almost 100 Billion in the bank? Lemon Bon Bon.