or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

Skater has a point. 'Blind loyalty' to Apple because they do 'some' things well doesn't negate criticism of their desktop policy. Which is and has been crrrrrrrrrrrrrap for some time. Nicely designed boxes with underperforming parts. The rest of their hardware in laptops and phones/pads is ok. But their desktop line up is retarded, as are the prices, as are the gpus, as are the vram amounts as are the prices (I said that once, yeah?) You can go to overclockers and get...
His hand waving negates your warped reality. 'Knows nothing' about computers. Eh? Why? Because 'Pompous Man' says so? The overclockers example is one of hundreds of possible (er...choice...something I know nothing about because I know nothing about 'computers'....sacred knowledge that only 'Pompous' Man knows...) examples that blow the Mini out the water on value for money. From the same site. 6 core tower add any gpu that will blow away anything Apple has for less...
While Marv' has a point about the console focus of gaming and the emerging server based gaming ie online services...reducing the need to 'buy' or even have 'ports'... (Well, he's right...here...) ...I can understand Babaloo's point. I don't think you are trolling. (A term used to silence a difference of opinion...how democratic...) I concur with your sentiments (and yes, I own an iMac...) The 4850, a good but old, cheap ass card, isn't offered on anything but a high...
There is an Open GL 4? Didn't know about that. Does the latest shader support in GL 4 give Direct X parity? Comparing the screen quality on Anand tech site showed a slight visual nod to Direct X. Either down to Apple's drivers and/or lack of latest GL support. *thought. Do we have to wait until OS.7 to get Open GL 4? We could be in for a looooooong wait. Lemon Bon Bon.
Yeah. And you can put it in a rig that cost less than half the price of the 'pro'. Lemon Bon Bon.
LOL. Your 'assurances' are like sand.http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=FS-237-OK...here.http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=FS-021-OP...and here! (All but one of the GPU options have 1 gig of Vram on.)Not standard. If they're not, they nearly bloody well are. In PC World you can get rigs with GPUs offering 1 gig of Vram. That's pretty much mainstream.Also, note the 6 core desktop while Apple quietly tout their 'fanny' of an update Mac 'mini.'6 core...
Why You Should Buy This System? - AMD Athlon II X2 Dual Core 250 2.90GHz (Socket AM3) offers multitasking performance. - 250GB Seagate Barracuda hard drive gives a solid and reliable storage capacity. - 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM allows for snappy and precise processes to be made. - HIS ATI Radeon HD 4850 iCooler IV 1024MB GDDR3 offers superb gaming performance. From Overclockers.co.uk £429.99 inc VAT (minus the OS. Pick your flavour...of Windows...) Note the...
"curmudgeon |kərˈməjən| noun a bad-tempered or surly person." *hmmm. 'You're surly!' 'You're bad-tempered.' Hmmm.* I suppose the fancy way of saying it makes it sound better than it actually is. A bit like the price on the 'new' Mac mini. If we price it higher...then it's got to be a better computer, right? *I can just hear Apple marketing now. Lemon Bon Bon.
No kidding. What do you need a two year old 280 GTX for? You only have to pay £2000 to get access to a 2 year old card. Much better instead to get the *whoo new mini with its integrated crappics for £650. Apple twice the price for hardware that performs twice as bad as the PC equivalent...with *poor Open GL drivers. Lemon Bon Bon.
Well, they must be 'cheeeeeeeeeeap' PC to 'mid' PCs because I see plenty of PCs packing more that 256 VU ram. Often cost more than a Mac..? Only if you post on these forums and block out reality and tell yourself that a million times. But in the real world... Lemon Bon Bon.