or Connect

Posts by Lemon Bon Bon.

Well, 'stiff'. Not 'unreasonable'. HHAHAHahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHHAHHa. *Wipes tears from eyes. Sure. Whatever you say Dave. Yeah. Blame it on the Chinese. Blame it on the PPC. I didn't think it would be Apple's fault... And I thought McVities digestive biscuit Christmas 'tins' were expensive... Lemon Bon Bon.
When was the last time Apple offered a 'good deal' for its desktops? Uhm. I'd reach and say the inclusion of a 27 inch monitor in the iMac once the 27 inch monitor filters down to the sub-1k model. *Don't hold your breath. *fek me. The mac mini started at under £400 originally. Now it's £249 more at least. I can't be arsed to work out the % increase. Who cares? It's expensive. Put the 'premium' (let's be polite) 24 inch monitor with it that Apple also sell. ...
£649 for a glorified door stop. Oh dear. *Puts head in hands. Apple. What is this? £649 for a core 2 duo. No quad. 2 gigs of ram. Integrated crappics. It's a very expensive foot warmer in Winter. It's stuff like this that gives Apple it's over priced, rip-off boutique reputation. Jeeze, what were they thinking? Couldn't they put a cheap ass quad in there? And the cheap ass 4850? No. That would over shadow the entry level Mac 'Pro' (drips with...
Good post. Lemon Bon Bon.
Your post is littered with some excellent points. In particular, the fact that the 'Pro' could be trimmed down. We don't need 4 hard drive bays with HDs approaching 3 T(!) DVDs are...well, uhm, on the decline? Do we need 2 drive spaces? When you look at the mini and the 'Pro'...they are two ridiculous desktop extremes...and for me, 'follys' of design. ie one too little, one too much. Can we have a 'goldilocks' desktop in the middle, please? WITH DESKTOP...
Wellllllllll, Google are whinging care of their 'hand puppet' 'Ad Mob'. 'Oh dear...' (high voice.)* Re-he-heally? Tell you what, Google, I'll innovate, create a platform, let you come along, act as a mole on my board of directors, steal my ideas, compete with me...and expect me to pay for your intellectual and creative bankruptcy. Then squeal about it in the press following an overpriced acquisition. Oh dear. Well, you backed the wrong horse Ad-Mob. And...
The third great age of computing is upon us. The 'Couch Potato' TM era is here. Moms. Grandparents. Kids. Dads. Uncles and Aunties. They already 'know' how to use it. Apple have stormed into a 2 million unit lead upon everyone on the market. If they keep that up, that's 12 million in it's 1st year! Apple are kicking tech 'crepe' out of the opposition and it's not even Christmas and the opposition don't have products on the market yet. The old one two punch of...
As usual, Marv' 'gets it.'It's about time Apple redesigned the 'ageing queen' that is the Mac Pro. It's overblown. It's pretty poor we can't get a 'consumer' tower from Apple. And Marv' here suggests a 'mid-tower' type design to get us back to the level of £1495. Makes sense to me.Problem is. Marv' makes the excellent point about progress. When the iMac has 6 core, 8 core etc cpus...how long does the 'Pro' have left? 5 years?Guess you can argue you'll want 100 core...
Heh. Lemon Bon Bon.
I'll believe it when I see it from Intel. And what's more. I'll believe it when I see it from Apple in their computer line. They've a poor history of gpu updates. From the legendary Rage (ATI) 16 MB to the Vanilla Nvidia cards in the 'Pro.' ...with 256-512 vram. *Blows party pheeper. 'Feee-ooOWW...' 1 gig as standard in my consumer gpu cards now. For very little money. Apple. Penny pinchers. *Mutters. Lemon Bon Bon.