or Connect

Posts by Panu

I made the mistake of trusting Apple software. Pages 4 is mission critical for me. Can anyone tell me if 10.9.2 breaks Pages 4?
I'm an early adopter. I bought the first Intel iMac, the first Intel MacBook Pro, the first Retina MacBoo Pro, and the first iPhone on the first day they came out. And that's just the Apple stuff. However, in the case of Google Glass, I'm a never adopter. They only work for people whose vision can't be corrected without glasses.
I like Apple Maps much, much better, but I have to use Google Maps while driving. I prop up my iPad on the passenger seat so I can glance at the map from time to time, to see where I am and to see traffic conditions ahead. Google Maps has more contrast and more saturated colors. It only takes a quick glance to see what I need to see, then my eyes are back on the road. Apple Maps' traffic conditions are detectable, but Google's are easily visible. I need to see traffic...
My devices must have been designed by Henry Ford. You could have a Model T in any color, as long as it was black, and I can have a synthesized voice in either gender, as long as it's female. It seems a tad sexist, like draping new cars at the auto show with Playboy bunnies. FInally, Siri isn't channeling Henry Ford and Hugh Hefner any more. The option for a male voice is actually an accessibility feature, because hearing loss begins with high frequencies and moves...
Young heterosexuals see gay-inclusive policies as evidence that the potential employer respects their privacy and won't mess around in their private lives. Accordingly, the greatest benefit to a company with gay-inclusive policies is that it is easier to recruit talented straights. I volunteer at a retirement home. None of the residents have expressed any opposition to gay marriage, and several are very vocal in their support. Even the ones in motorized wheelchairs. I am...
The iLunch has rounded corners, an innovative cooling system, and magnets instead of a latch. You can password-protect it so no one can steal your lunch. If you lose it, or someone steals it, you can find it with iCloud. There is no optical drive, of course, and it is very, very thin. You can take a different pizza to lunch every day! And your beverage fits nicely in the accompanying iDrink. By Tuesday, Samsung's salesmen will be selling knock-offs from their trench...
Hasn't anyone noticed that the Surface is really a netbook? They detached the keyboard and ironed the screen flat, but otherwise there is nothing original here. It's a netbook.
Why buy a Molex when you can buy a Rolex? Don't Apple's imitators realize that the existence of the Molex proves the value of the Rolex? I hope Apple prevails on all their design patents, but not for their sake. Right now there is only one way to do things: Apple's way. If Apple's imitators are forced to be creative, they might produce products that are really better than Apple instead of just as good as Apple. In the course of a conversation, I showed someone a video on...
Why did Intel call their new laptop spec the Ultrabook instead of something like the Ultrathin? Just the name Ultrabook makes you think of some guy in an alleyway opening his raincoat to show you the Ultrabooks next to the Molex watches and the Biffany diamonds. Intel had Apple on the brain so much they didn't realize how stupid the name is. Other manufacturers are trying to compete with Apple with their spec sheets. A can opener with a clock has more features than a can...
So, the FCC outed the new Apple TV. I would never have guessed it was gay! Don't worry, Apple TV, it just gets better.