or Connect

Posts by MacKrazyinKC

Note previous Appleinsider post on "Collapse of Kindle..". All probably due to it not being an iPad. New form factor may be a iTouch replacement but it would not be a mini iPad. Why add a smaller competitor line that could conceivably take away from the premier product of the Apple line up?. Silly to suggest it.
Sell it all and return the $ to the shareholders. Perfect and priceless. "hey dude your getting a check I the mail !"
easy    Just go directly to Wolfram and search for iOS ... nothing really shows up and the site asks for your email to prove interest and they take it for inclusion in the future.  Once we have a mass of requests, they will respond.  Go forth and do fellow Macophiles  !!!  less complaints - more on action..
from Apple 2.0 " In a note to clients issued Thursday, RBC's Mike Abramsky shares the results of a ChangeWave survey of 2,600 early adopter types. Two key findings: 5% of those surveyed said they had pre-ordered or were very likely to buy Amazon's (AMZN) new Kindle Fire, exceeding the 4% who said they were very likely to buy the original iPad in 2010. 26% of those 5% said they would delay or put on hold the purchase of a new iPad. "Sustained Fire uptake and 'buzz,'"...
I for one like the information - it shows that the 'droid crowd talks about screen size like a magic bullet. It is clear here that most 'droid phones are the same or less in screen size as the iPhone. So the "advantage" in needing a larger screen is a figment of the 'droid population as many chose to get phones of lessor screens than the iPhone. When we hear of the massive over take of 'droid swamping the iPhone it is clear that most of this swarm of phones can not take...
Why would Apple want to compete with the money losing hardware model of Amazon Kindle Fire? Exactly - they are doomed to failure as Amazon gives away devices at cost (or worst). Clearly Apple wants to lose money faster than Amazon will in this area. Thus the need for a smaller screen - more development and start up costs to incur... Geez.. this sounds like a Federal Government ploy to prepare for a bailout request in 2013.
Nope - this is FUD. Apple has the market for iPads. Folks want an iPad not a wannabe iPad. If Apple wants a "cheaper" iPad to hit a market that new development can not penetrate at a reasonable cost - all they have to do is take a page from the iPhone book and allow the original iPad to continue or use iPad2 as the low cost stalking horse when iPad3 hits the market. Do not be deluded by the rumor mongers. Steve had more than enough time to beat sense into Apple, and...
Wonderful tribute to a man that had the drive, energy, and vision to change the world - for the better. He will never really be gone from Apple, and we are thankful for his sharing.
Good point - I do not know the methodologies of the reporting sources. I did take a look at the Nielsen blog and the usage was derived from billing data from OS. If we take what Horace has on his side, the increased usage may be due, in part, to that ad data difference he shares. I lean towards that as a possible source for 2 reasons. One, ad data would be a prevalent download hit to any phone access. And two - the reason Google did Android was not an altruistic...
http://www.asymco.com/2011/09/21/the...t-utilization/ I think the above nails it on Android. Additionally I question the word "outsells" when you have no cost phones offered or BOGO deals to flood the market place (Quick how much $ you make on a free phone?). As the above note mentions many Android phones are not revenue generators for their providers like an iPhone - but Android does a great job at displaying ads . Lastly it is crazy to think, like the...