or Connect

Posts by MacKrazyinKC

[QUOTE=Alonso Perez;1811001]I think what you are missing is that an iPad or an iPhone is a general-purpose device, a computer, that you buy and own. [ Apple wants to take a 30% cut on any purchases you make with your device, even if you make those purchases through a third-party application. Well... that is some what true. The missing link is that an app, today, can get your attention, drive you to another web site and sell you things after using Apple to deliver...
Not iPhone user yet - had to buy the daughter one first - but the T-Mobile, at least in KC, is where some of the Jailbroken iPhones live. So I am not sure where the concern is about a "T-Mobile USA" iPhone. There is one now if you want to use that network. Not surprisingly a few of the JB iPhones in KC have returned to the at&t mothership due to T-Mobile's interesting level of service in this area. Verizon I think is a dead issue. I suspect if they did barter their way...
I would normally agree... until you need to go to init 1 on a iMac with a wireless keyboard (needs init 3)
Completely agree. Analyst here is missing the boat - the only easy shift here is to T-Mobile, which has problems of its own in the USA. That is the choice today - at&t on regular service - or T-Mobile for no contract / jailbroke iPhones. Sprint or Verizon are fairy tales with the iPhone. Not that Apple is not above dropping its customers cold - but the backlash on cell phones would not be worth the risk to change to a non-compatible space with the majority of the rest...
I believe this web forum made a big deal last year regarding the foresight of Apple locking up 50% of a particular manufactor's production line of flash. If that is true, it may not be relevent that the street price of this drops as Apple may have had a favorable arrangement dating from last year at a competitive price. And also - as been pointed out these components are but one item in an ipod line that may only net $30 million to the bottom line anyway. Not small...
Fact of Intel life - change will be fast and furious.
Apple web site indicates a "Jean Jacket" flap for attachment. I suppose that area has less stress from sitting or bending than the front pocket of a pair of pants. I am not sure this would make me not get one of these things for XMAS presents.