or Connect

Posts by smax

The link you poted is bad, you can't just link to Apple store pages. If I remember right, I don't think you can replace the wireless card. They wouldn't sell it on the Apple website anyway...
FAT isn't slow for me in OSX... I personally never use Maxtors because I think the quality is bad. I've gotten a few too many bad hard drives from them in the past few years. This sounds a bit like a failing hard drive to me. It has nothing to do with the filesystem. Try to format it back to Mac Extended (Journaled) and see if the problems are still happening. If yes: point your finger at the hard drive.
If you hook the drive up to a computer along with another larger drive and clone it, why wouldn't it work? Unless they only allow the thing to address 40 GB of space...
How long until someone installs inux on one...? It would be a cheap box to experiment on...
Probably the most complex way to do it would be to rename a folder with a period in front of it, like ".stuff". OSX recognises these folders as hidden, so you can't see them in Finder. The only easy way to get to it would be to either have Finder show all hidden files or to manually type in the location of the folder in the "Go to folder..." menu item in Finder. The problem is that OSX won't let you, so you have to do it through the Terminal and you have to learn some...
I can't really see this happening without using an external CD drive.... something that Jobs won't do.
It's possible, and I can think of only one game worth playing... STARCRAFT
I think the extra 128 MB of video RAM would help extend its life more than the extra CPU speed. What exactly are you going to be using this for?
I second the MyBook. 250 GB with USB and Firewire from a company that I trust... can't beat it. I think they are available Just don't get anything that puts 2 hard drives together in a RAID array if you want safety.
Apple has a nasty habit of not making any definite announcements. Your guess is as good as mine.