or Connect

Posts by smax

I have to say... That's pretty badass.
So I'm thinking about upgrading my MPB to 4GB of RAM and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $8 per stick to get 4-4-4-12 timings as opposed to 5-5-5-15. I did a quick search but I couldn't find anything very secific about performance benefits.
SP3 works and works well... They didn't really add much in it. Just be sure to run software update before you install it. The latest Apple update involves SP3 and you should install it beforehand.
Macbooks don't have an expresscard slot. Macbook Pros do.
No problems here on the 2 MBPs I've had.
That's a bit illegal. It won't work anyway... Newer install discs check your hardware so you can only install it on the computer it came with. Just go hit up ebay or go to an apple store.
Are you talking about Office 2004 or 2007? 2004 wasn't Universal, it only contains PowerPC code. The Apple apps are all fat binaries, which would make them quite a bit larger.
Any 9.5 mm high 2.5" SATA hard disk should work as far as I know. Take a look at Newegg.
It's the system log daemon. Essentially it's a program that writes system info to a log file. It doesn't do it all the time so I'd say just be patient and wait for it to finish writing.
Set up a Finder window the way you like it, hit Command-J, set everyhting the way you like it, click Use as Defaults.