or Connect

Posts by Slewis

Too bad. If they wanted to be cheap, I quite like Vanilla. Back when DED maintained a forum on his site I used to moderate it, till I outgrew my teenaged Apple fanboy self anyway (well, until some point after that point). Didn’t have this BBS feel, it was text-centric, apparently had quite a few extensions which were never really explored and gave the community a tighter, focused feel. Jeff Atwood also launched his own attempt to reform internet discussions, I only caught...
Good for T-Mobile. I plan to switch to them this year when I upgrade to the 5s, because: unlimited everything @ $70/month + tax, no contract, on LTE. Just buy the phone outright (which as a rule, I prefer anyway) or pay them off month-to-month if you prefer that. Why wouldn’t I at least give them a shot?
Good riddance to both the 1 Stockton Apple Store and the Levi’s building. The stairwell leading up from Powell Station directly under the store always smells horribly of urine and feces, the escalator isn’t even working right now (probably because it was used as a toilet, as is typical of MUNI and BART escalators within SF), there’s always a large homeless encampment within Powell Station itself and Apple really is outgrowing the old store, it’s hard to just walk in and...
Um, no. Apple has a license that allows DVD Player to play protected DVDs. They have no obligation to block the recording functionality of Quicktime Player, especially if it has no DRM & they have no agreement with the rights holders even with FairPlay because it is not CSS. Anybody recording full movies off of their screens & uploading them to Youtube will still have their videos taken down when the DMCA takedown appears, but that won't stop people.Apart from that...
Ah, I'm sorry, here you go: less. Less carrier bullshit and less in general.My point: Operating systems are a journey, not a destination.Ah I left Apple actually, well I still use their computers I mean and I never actually had a real job with them, but there was nothing there for me. My last job involved computer enslavement which involved boxing with my computer to get it to fit my obscure work and study habits, and now that that's done I've never been more productive...
It's OK if you don't want to watch it, I don't either as I already read the day's announcements, but the new APIs are noteworthy, as is the wider support for Bluetooth. The iPhone OS is a relatively new OS even though quite a bit is ported over from Mac OS X as well.1. They had to design the basic hardware, at least a prototype before they could even start on the software.2. They had to port the kernel, BSD APIs, and Media APIs over from Mac OS X.3. They had to design...
[ed: removed the offtopic archaic silliness, the web has better places for this]
Already have, one other forum before this one, but I'll keep it here whenever I finish my custom DVORAK-based keyboard layout in Ukelele. TypeIt4Me just doesn't cut it, sadly.Þe þorn shall rise þenceforþ!(Admittedly it truly is beautiful typographically, odd that it fell out of usage being replaced by "y" and eventually "th".)Perhaps I should have added sarcasm tags for your benefit. But it probably would've been pointless since "nobody" reads anymore.I'm pretty sure CNN...
No, þe net just consists of pretty pictures & video wiþ no closed captioning, text is just there as filler so þere's not so much white space or someþing like þat.Sebastian
1) That would be pointless, on par with not bundling a Terminal emulator or X emulator stupid, when they could just bundle the file system with both read and write access without hurting anyone or anything, and providing a useful tool for developers and admins to test Apple's ZFS support.2) I'm not talking about your theoretical server, I'm talking about Apple's real servers that will use ZFS, the client OS should at bare minimum be able to read and write data from the...